dix

December 4th

Tatum's life was definitely going to shit. It was her senior year and she had no idea of her future. Would she go to college or would she follow Jasper? However, she soon realized what she was thinking. Furthering her life or being an obedient girl who follows a boy her whole life? What the hell was she thinking?

Getting out of bed, Tatum decided she was done with all the bullshit. She went downstairs and found her dad making breakfast, it was shocking. She quietly tip-toed to the laptop and sneakily typed in tickets to Spain. Why Spain? Because it was close to France but far enough away from Italy.

"Honey, what're you going to Spain for?"

Tatum jumps when her dad speaks without warning her of his presence. She turns around and tries to hide the screen. "I have no idea what you mean."

"You're looking for tickets to Spain, I may be older but I'm not blind," Mr. Fernsby says, placing his hands on his hips. The pink apron really added to the 'I'm your father' vibe. "So why Spain?"

"Okay, okay. I was going to book us all tickets to Spain as a Christmas gift."

"Really?" Tatum nods her head quickly. She totally bluffed the situation. "I'm sorry, honey. I ruined the surprise."

"No, no. At least now I can book them a little sooner," she says, bringing the laptop to the kitchen as her dad goes back to making breakfast. "Do you think Portugal would be nicer?"

"Maybe Madrid?"

"You can't speak Spanish though?" Tatum says, looking at her dad as he flipped a pancake.

"And you can't speak Portuguese," he says, handing her a piece of already cooked bacon.

"True, true."

●○●

December 8th

She had gone 4 days without speaking to Alec AND Jasper. Why? Well...

(fLaShBaCk)

"Darlin', they're starting to get suspicious. I've noticed someone that keeps following Emmett and I. As much as I hate it, Carlisle said to cut off contact until the stalker stops stalking."

(fLaShBaCk DoNe)

She was currently helping her dad pack the three of them up for a trip to Madrid. They were finished with her bag, which was filled with shorts and tees. Now, they were tackling Avery's bag. The toddler had no summer clothes because of the cold states they had lived in. So, Henry had gone out and bought some from Amazon.

They were unpackaging and folding the clothes, not even bothering to have him try them on. The 4-year-old would fit into them, they were positive. After they finally packed everything they would need for Avery. Henry went off to his room to pack his own stuff, meanwhile, Tatum was doublechecking everything was set in Madrid.

The Fernsby family had rented a nice hotel with the help of Henry's Gynecology paycheck. They had a tour guide to show them around the city and she was excited to spend her 18th birthday in Madrid with her family.

Her family now only consisted of 3 people. Tatum, Henry, and Avery Fernsby. Tatum's mom had dropped the 'Fernsby' surname and left town not too long ago. Bailey had been missing for almost a year, but she was never left out. She was always in Avery's smile or his little snort. He had picked up on some of his birth mother's ticks; such as sighing a lot or the way his eyebrow twitches when he's angry.

Jasper wasn't her family, not yet at least. Now that Tatum thought about it, were the two of them even dating? They never called each other boyfriend and girlfriend. They went on dates, but didn't do much stuff to be labeled boyfriend and girlfriend. However, she knew that she loved him.

Tatum finished the homework she would be missing while she was gone. Mr. Kate had given her the assignment to find something strange about Madrid. She would be relying on the help of her tour guide to help her with that. Mr. Fitzer, her mathematics teacher, assigned her math worksheets and everything else. Her college classes were online so she had a lot of that done as well. She only needed to do a five-page essay about how 'The Great Gatsby' reflects on her world today.

She wanted to jump out the motherfucking window.

Luckily, she just needed a little push to start her literature essay. That push was the fact that if she postponed doing dishes long enough, she wouldn't have to do them. Her dad was awesome like that. He had gotten his hours switched around so that he worked 8-4 and still had time for his child and grandchild.

Tatum sat in her bed with her laptop wide open, she only had two and a half pages done. However, she just wanted to take that moment to think. To realize how crazy her life had been since moving to Forks, Washington.

She met some amazing friends, had her first kiss, her sister went missing, her nephew turned 5, her mom divorced her dad, she had to grow up, she met a second family that she could rely on, and she rekindled her relationship with her best friend.

Of course, that also means a lot of shit will go wrong soon enough.

●○●