vingt-deux

Sitting on Tatum's bed, Jasper watches intently as she paces around the room, explaining what she knew. He internally holds himself back from grabbing her and smothering her in kisses. Well, he held himself back physically too. 

Tatum recounted her thoughts of 'wtf' when Alec had told her their plan. Months before the Cullen's left, Alice had had a vision. One that scared the living shit out of Jasper. She had seen Alec Volturi talking to Tatum in Volterra, Italy. She could tell by the ancient Jan van Eyck panting behind vision-Tatum. Alice couldn't make out what they were saying and that scared the seer.

Tatum ranted to Jasper about how stupid it all was. She didn't plan on going to Italy anytime soon and she wasn't in any danger, especially since Bella had exposed herself to the Volturi already. They thought Bella was the only human they were harboring. Those motherfuckers were clueless.

"-and then Alec told me all about how you two were conspiring behind my back!" Tatum inhales deeply, looking at her lover for the first time since she opened her mouth. She was put off by the adoring gaze he had set on her. "What are you doing?"

Jasper licks his lips, eyes wandering her face. "I missed you...so fucking much."

Tatum's face flushes violently and she blinks blankly. She snaps out of it when his eyes meet her's directly, "I need to stop swearing around you. You're just as bad as Av."

"Speaking of bug, how is he?" Jasper asks, changing the subject. However, he gets a glare before he can fully do so. "Fine. Witch Twin and I conspired behind your back and we were in the wrong. I'm sorry and it won't happen again. I pinky promise to you."

"A pinky promise is pretty reliable," Tatum says thoughtfully. "How about we throw in a date and make it even?"

"That's a win-win for me!" Jasper cheers excitedly, bouncing from his place on her bed. "I will take you on the best date ever!" 

"You're immortal, it might not be the best 'ever'." 

"I'd scold you but I just really want to kiss you," Jasper says, suddenly very flirty. He speedily stands in front of Tatum and cups her face in his hands. "Tatum Jay Fernsby, may I kiss you?"

She's stuck in the cycle. The cycle of wanting to kiss him and wanting to scold him. But maybe just a small peck could help? Yeah, a small peck. That's all-

Tatum hadn't realized that he had slowly been moving his lips closer and closer to hers. However, he waited until she had given a small nod before actually putting his lips on hers. It wasn't like those movies make it out to be. The 'i miss you' kiss isn't full of tears or fireworks. It's something more special than that. It's lips on lips that just feel right.

One of Jasper's hands traveled to the back of her head and he (incredibly lightly) pushed her into him. Her hands went to hold him, one on his chest and the other on his waist. Jasper's lips encased hers. It was slow and needy. 

Jasper needed to feel her. Not sexually or intimately. He needed to feel her emotions. Jasper felt safe around her emotions. They were the only ones that felt genuine to him. He felt like he belonged with her emotions, like theirs mixed together made a beautiful mess.

As Tatum separated their lips for a breath, Jasper let out a euphoric chuckle before softly falling back on her bed. Tatum pants softly, "Don't...don't break my bed, idiot."

"We just kissed for like 3 minutes and now you're calling me an idiot?" Jasper questions, folding his hands behind his head. "You hurt my feelings, darlin'."

"I forgot how much I missed you calling me that," Tatum chuckles, laying next to Jasper. 

The smooth motherfucker wrapped one of his arms around her and pulls her to his chest. "That sounds like it came off Tumbling."

"You mean Tumblr?" she asks, placing her arm over his stomach and looking up at him. "It probably somewhere around there."

"Hey," Jasper stage whispers to her, looking at the lights she had hung on her ceiling. 

"What?" she stage whispers back, staring at Jasper's chiseled features.

"Tatum."

"Jasper?"

"I love you," he whispers, holding her closer.

"And I love you."

Now...Jasper felt complete once more.

●○●