quinze

December 16th

Tatum knew today was going to be busy

Tatum knew today was going to be busy. She was turning 18 and most of her family was going to Madrid to celebrate. It was an unspoken tradition to take a person wine tasting on their 18th. Tatum's grandma had started the tradition back in the late 1940s when her sister had turned 18. That was back when her grandma was raised in Versailles.

Now, as she waited in the hotel lobby, Tatum wished she could have the Cullen's celebrating with her. Maybe even Bella to keep things mild. She sat with her legs crossed, waiting for a white van to pull up and have her family members piling out.

Just as the thought of them, a rickety old van pulls up and the doors swing open.

"Elena, je jure devant Dieu! Tu es comme ta mère!"

"Ensuite, elle doit être magnifique!"

Tatum watched with a small smirk as her uncle and grandma argued about her aunt. However, her attention slipped to her favorite aunt with her high-end clothing and beautiful blonde hair. The woman was a couple of inches smaller than her, but her heels made her the same height, maybe a little taller. Her aunt removed her sunglasses and looked around, finally seeing Tatum.

"Ma chérie! You look beautiful!" her Aunt Elena squeals, quickly walking to hug her niece. "And your dress! Where'd you get it?"

Tatum blushes, knowing she can't lie to her aunt. So she muttered with a shy smile, "Mon amour."

The whole ruckus of her family stopped to look at her. Her uncle dropped his grandma's suitcase and her cousins looked at her in shock. Her grandma looked as if she was about to faint and her aunt's eyes went wide as her mouth opened as well.

"You got a boyfriend?"

And then hell broke loose.

"A boyfriend?-"

"Is he tall-"

"Handsome-"

"An ogre-"

"IMaginary-"

"Young-"

"OOOoooolder?-"

"Military-"

"Doctor-"

"YOUNGER-"

"Delinquent-"

"Who said it was a boy?"

And everybody stopped as her cousin Josue suggested that.

Her family turned to her.

"Ma petite fille, are you a lesbian?" her grandma asks her. Tatum's face screws into one of shock.

"Nana, you may be gay but I'm not."

Her cousins immediately start bombarding her with questions about Jasper. Tatum's focus was on her grandma's flushed cheeks. The older woman noticed and sent her a wink before grabbing her suitcase from her son-in-law.

It was going to be a fun weekend.

●○●

Tatum, Grandma Seraphine, Aunt Elena, and cousin Sasha all decided to go shopping with Avery. They traveled through the streets of Madrid and stopped in random shops that peeked their interests. Aunt Elena had been smart enough to learn Spanish and English when she was in high school. Otherwise, they would've all been lost. Until Miguel showed up out of nowhere.

"Senorita Fernsby!" Miguel shouted from the other side of the street. Tatum waved with a smile and watched as Miguel carefully jogged through people to meet her. "Buenas Noches, querida!"

Aunt Elena looks between the two of them as Miguel meets Avery. The dark man gives Avery a little high five before straightening up and placing his hands on his hips. Elena decides to speak up, "Is this the boyfriend?"

Miguel chuckles, "I wish, but someone has already caught the corazón de esta rosa.''

Aunt Elena nearly melts at his comment, "You are definitely a charmer, aren't you?"

"I'd like to say so, Madrid is full of beautiful women," Miguel says, scratching the back of his neck. "Just seems that they're all taken."

"Sasha isn't."

"Tatum Jay!" Sasha groans, punching her cousin's arm.

"I'm not wrong!" Tatum defends, adjusting Avery in her arms. The toddler started giggling. "'M so glad you find my pain funny."

"Can we call with Ja-per?" Avery asks, reaching for Tatum's bag.

"Jasper? Who's Jasper? Is Jasper your boyfriend?" Grandma Seraphine asks, waddling next to Tatum. "Can we call him?"

Tatum groans as Sasha laughs teasingly, "No, Nana, he's at work."

"I'm sure he'd love a call from the birthday girl."

"Nan?"

"Yes, mon enfant?"

"One, I'm not a child. Two, Jasper is busy. Three, Sasha and Miguel are totally flirting and I am not going to miss that."

"They're whAt?!"

Sure enough, Miguel was talking to a flushed Sasha.

●○●

Walking back to the hotel with a medium-sized bag of things, Avery kept babbling to his aunt and great-aunt about how he likes school and his friends and Rosalie and how he misses Rosalie. He kept playing with Tatum's hair, speaking about anything and everything.

"-Auntie and Rosie and Emmy and Awice and Ja-per and Ed-ard and Essy and Ja-per's daddy and me all had a sleepover and we watch movies and we play games and we make popcorn!" Avery babbled on to his great aunt about his fun times at the Cullen's.

"Is that so? Does Jasper like to hang out with you guys?"

Tatum glares at her aunt. That bitch, she knew what she was doing.

Avery nods excitedly, "Ja-per and auntie like to sleep with me and Ja-per plays games with me when Auntie is still sleepy! He readed to me and we do funny things to auntie when she sleeps! We tickle her and Awice takes pictures and Essy makes food and we watch more movies!"

"You and Jasper sleep in a bed together?!" her aunt exclaims. This piques the interest of her grandma, cousin, and a few other strangers. "Tatum Jay, that's before marriage!"

"We don't do anything, Aunt Elena. Avery's always between us," Tatum says, smoothing Avery's hair down. "Plus, we both talked about it. We're going to get married in secret, so his sister doesn't know."

"WHAT?!"

"I'M KIDDING!"

"YOU BETTER BE!"