Chapter One: A Place to Stay

Makoto had to admit; he was broke. His anxiety would kick in every time, so he never ended up coming to job interviews. He began to think of people from highschool and...

Leon was just as broke as him. Sayaka was already supporting Leon, she didn't need to support Makoto.

Sakura and Aoi were content, not to mention they were much too busy.

Damn, he went down the list for fifteen minutes before realizing there was only one person he could ask. He dialed the number which he knew by heart, his hands shaking. His eyes were wet as he panicked.

The phone began to slowly ring. Seconds seemed like hours as he waited for time to pass. His hope was almost destroyed as he thought it was going to ring out.

"Makoto? What does a commoner like you want?"

"I'm really sorry," He choked on his words. He was sobbing, face red, eyes puffy. "But... I... I..."

During their time in highschool, Togami learned to read Naegi like a book. A sigh escaped him.

"I have some spare rooms." Makoto was shocked at these words, he... Would let him stay? No, Togami was only showing off his situation... Right?

"C... Can I stay in one of them?" He asked.

"Obviously, plebian." The corners of Makoto's mouth curved up into a smile. He wiped tears from his eyes.

"T... Thank you..." He was too hopeful to be bothered when Togami hung up immediately. He had found a place to stay... There was only one problem...

Togami always made him feel so flustered and weak in the knees.