Chapter Eight: Atsushi

The small maid which had welcomed Makoto at the door seated herself next to Byakuya in the living room.

"Master Togami, what's wrong?" She asked softly, her light brown hair falling gently around her shoulders. Her pale red eyes seemed to be filled by concern.

As much as Byakuya wanted to dismiss her, he needed somebody to talk to. He could trust her, too.

"You musn't tell a soul about this, Atsushi." He sighed and faced her. His blue eyes were filled with unsure despair.

"I promise." She replied and held out her hand, all fingers but her pinky bent.

"Please, pinky swears are childish. Your word is enough."

"Y... Yes, Sir."

Byakuya was quite nervous as he cleared his throat, mentally preparing his words. How could he possibly put this?

"I love him."

"Love who, Master?"

"Naegi..." He almost lost his train of thought thinking about the short young man.

"Ah, Sir, what is the issue?" She wasn't dim but accepting. Unfortunately, she thought well of the rest of the Togamis... Meaning she thought they, too, would accept Byakuya.

"I can't bring myself to go public with the boy." Atsushi nodded, trying to think of a helpful and comforting reply.

"Do you want to?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Then who cares what others think, Sir?" She began, "if you want to, then do it! You're Byakuya Togami!"

"Well..."

He nodded and smiled. Perhaps he could, in fact, become Makoto's lover.