Chapter Eleven: Conflicted

It was only for a couple days they had dated officially. It was only for a couple days that cuddles and kisses held no shame. This, was why Byakuya was panicking.

Makoto had gone to hang out with Sayaka and Leon. The blonde's nose crinkled at the thought of a rich girl like Sayaka letting Leon stay in a spare bedroom of hers. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair and focused on what sat before him on the table.

It was a silver ring decorated with an emerald which had been cut into the shape of a love heart. He had spent what felt like nothing to him, but he still stressed to make sure it was perfect. He barely knew if it was going to serve it's purpose.

Togami bought it relatively close to their first date. He had held back this long, but he felt as though he couldn't anymore. Was it too soon?

Sure, their dating life had only gone on for a couple days. But they knew each other since highschool... Was this reasonable?

He wanted to see a ring on Makoto's finger. He wanted to smile and kiss him each day that he came home from work. He wanted to recite vows which brought tears to the shorter boy's eyes. He wanted to marry him, plain and simple. He couldn't help but panic, however, and think it was out of the question.

He took out his phone and dialed a friend of his from highschool, the one, the only, the queen of liars, Celestia Ludenburg.

His breathing was shaky as the phone  began to ring into his ear. If there was anybody he could trust, it was certainly her. It was strange to think he could trust the Ultimate Gambler. But she began to speak with him honestly during senior year. She was in need of an outlet and Togami was her outlet.

"Hello, this is Celestia Ludenburg." She spoke in the accent which she had mastered over the course of highschool.

"Taeko, I have an issue,"

With these words, the Gambler dropped her accent and spoke normally. She sighed, murmuring something to herself about it being the name of a loser and replied.

"Yes, Togami? I'm all ears."

"I don't think I can discuss this over the phone... Could we speak in person?"

"Oh, alright."

They arranged a time and place, ultimately deciding to meet the next day.