Chapter Fourteen: Wedding

Makoto nervously buttoned up his suit as he stared into the mirror. He felt a strange emptiness when he did it by himself, but he continued to smile. Because he wasn't alone today. It was quite the opposite because he was marrying Byakuya Togami.

They had argued while planning the wedding, in all honesty. Makoto wanted to invite their whole class from highschool, and Byakuya wanted to keep it small. But once he heard the cute pleads of Makoto he couldn't say no. So, all of class 78th, along with a couple others, were attending the wedding. Byakuya was secretly relieved that those were the only guests Naegi wanted, as leaving the guest list open could result in a lot of paparazzi. But his half-siblings would be attending. That wasn't good or bad to him. He only saw them as acquaintances, anyhow.

"Done!" He smiled. Kyoko turned around to face him.

"Already?"

"Yep! I've been practicing since the proposal."

"You're such a dork, Makoto!" Komaru exclaimed.

"I know..." He murmured, a little embarrassed. As he got ready, he couldn't help but wonder how Byakuya was doing.

~~~

Togami grumbled and took another sip of his coffee. How long would the others take? Celeste was still doing her hair and makeup, Touko was struggling to stop crying after taking a shower earlier, and he was done getting ready. There was a light knock on the door.

"... Who is it?"

"Komaru, may I come in?"

"I suppose so..."

Komaru stepped through the doors and rushed to Fukawa's side.

"Naturally..." Byakuya murmured and fixed his hair a bit in the mirror. Celestia was finished with her hair and makeup. She walked up behind Byakuya, a grin on her face.

"Hm? Why don't you try some makeup for your special day?" She spoke sweetly in her accent. Byakuya sighed.

"I don't really..."

"Wear some goddamn eyeliner, jackass!" Byakuya sighed and let Celeste put eyeliner on him.

Komaru did her best to comfort Touko and help her get ready. Nobody told her to take a shower due to her PTSD, but she took one anyway.

Eventually, Mondo walked in.

"Ay, they're ready for the wedding."

~~~

Byakuya stood at the altar. Celeste and  Touko were at his side. Touko hadn't been an issue to him since she met Makoto's younger sister, anyway.

Yasuhiro, Komaru, Kyoko, and Hina stood together next to the spot Makoto would fill soon. Next was the flower girl.

A high giggle echoed throughout Byakuya's ears as a small, green-haired girl tossed rose petals along the aisle. She was in a wheel-chair, so the carpet they laid out got a bit bunched up.

"Ugh, I hate her..." Touko mumbled.

"She seriously gives me the creeps..." Komaru responded.

"Her name is Monaca. I found her while I was looking for a casino and I've kept the little brat ever since. She reminds me of myself." Celeste quietly explained to Byakuya.

"You know this is a wedding, correct? Everybody shut the hell up." Whispered Kyoko.

"I couldn't agree more." Said Byakuya.

Monaca stood, or parked, next to Celestia. Junko had been staying with Celeste an awful lot since she adopted Monaca. Byakuya bit his lip, a small bit of anxiety flooding him. Was he really doing this? Marrying a man, hell, marrying a commoner. He never expected himself to take this route.

He always thought he would marry a rich woman. But he was happier now than he would've ever been with an arranged marriage his family was bound to set up if he didn't get married soon.

Sayaka began to sing a vocal version of the wedding-march as Naegi made his way down the aisle. His cheeks were pink and his eyes sparkled. He took his place at the altar.

"We are gathered here today to join Makoto Naegi and Byakuya Togami in marriage," Kiyotaka began. Mondo smiled at him from his seat. This made his cheeks a bit red as he continued. "I believe you've written your own vows?"

"Correct. Tell 'em, Naegi." Byakuya joked as he chuckled lightly. Makoto smiled and took this as permission to recite his vows.

"Byakuya, since highschool, I've admired you. Your skills, your humor, your self-esteem. I loved how your voice sounded, how your eyes sparkled, every little thing you did. I just didn't know it yet. When you took me in you truly saved me. You made me so happy to be myself and to live with you. From the nights in the library to the help with my suit: you've been perfect. I love you and I couldn't ask for something more perfect."

Byakuya's eyes were a bit moist as his partner spoke. He cleared his throat and began.

"Naegi, you're so beautiful. Not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, and in every other way. You were never what I expected, you were better. Makoto, you helped me accept myself for who I was. You helped me to become truly happy. I was empty before I met you, and despite your low social status, I love you and every thing you do."

Tears poured down the shorter male's face. Taka smiled at the moment, getting choked up.

Chihiro walked down the aisle and brought them two emerald rings. Byakuya slipped one onto Makoto's ring finger and Makoto did the same.

"You may now kiss the Naegi."

"Ummm..." Komaru murmured.

"The... Male Naegi."

Byakuya and Makoto's lips connected, causing them to turn beet red. The moment seemed to last forever, everything perfect. They were in love, truly. Finally, they could express it. Finally, they could be together forever.