Chapter Thirteen: Proposal

Togami finished tying the thin, black fabric around Makoto's head.

"How long am I going to be wearing this?" He asked. He wasn't uncomfortable, rather, a little nervous. He shivered at the thought of being left alone, as he would be stuck in it. Byakuya whispered into his ear, his breath quite warm.

"Not for long, just be patient. I promise I won't leave you." Makoto had only been blindfolded at children's birthday parties to play games. He didn't know why the blonde had done this, but he decided to trust him.

The blonde grabbed Naegi's hand softly and led him through the mansion.

Makoto's skin was wet, his breaths were heavy and his hands were shaking. His knees were weak and his mind was clouded by worry.

"We're almost there." Togami murmured and tightened his grip to reassure his partner. Makoto smiled a all bit at this, but still found his thoughts flooded.

There was a small creak and he was pulled slowly into a large room. Makoto stumbled, almost tripping but was caught by his boyfriend.

"I'm going to remove it now." Togami mentioned as he gripped the black fabric and untied it before pulling it back to his hand in a swift motion.

Hazel eyes widened, mouth agape with corners curved upward. There was a sparkle, a gleam of hope and memories. He couldn't help but part his lips as the sensations flooded his body, simply from memory.

Many tall shelves surrounded them, filled to the brim with thick, hardcover books. The spines were decorated by gold letters. Ladders and a spiral staircase allowed access to higher titles, as the shelves went up to the ceiling. There were some tables and armchairs, along with a computer. It was the library where they shared their first kiss, where Byakuya gave Makoto a hickey, the spot they learned that they were in love.

"Byakuya?"

"I have something I've been wanting to ask you." This was a time you would expect him to take out a piece of paper, but he had arranged something to recite from memory.

"Yes?"

"We've barely shared time as lovers, that I understand. But the time we've spent together as friends has only pulled us closer to all of those lovely moments. Being with you brings me a feeling of pure ecstasy, as well as the most joy I've ever felt. If you deny me, my heart may break a little but I will understand. I feel every last emotion and sensation with you, you complete me. So...."

Makoto's face was red and soaked from streams upon streams of tears. He was grinning like an idiot, staring intensely at every part of Togami.

"Will you marry me?" He pulled out the silver ring, some tears slowly dripping from the corners of his blue eyes as he anxiously awaited his boyfriend's response.

"Y... Yes!" Makoto choked the words out, embracing the blonde with a smile on his face.

This seemed to be the perfect moment.