1: Captured

"Alright, you take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right."

   I rolled my eyes.  These new prisoners were dingbats if they thought they were escaping out of there.  They hadn't even noticed me, alone in the shadows in the corner.

   "Wait wait wait, if we blast our way out of here, they're never gonna trust us."  A skinny one-legged boy said quietly.  He had chocolate brown hair and dark green eyes.  He had a metal leg, which I had never seen before.

   They continued talking, and I continued listening.  "By standing trial?"  A skinny girl with a blond braid asked.  "For being Dragon Hunters, why not?  We're innocent, aren't we?"  The boy said.  "Perhaps the truth will set us free."  A boy with a small patch of blond hair and some pouches added.

   "Good luck with that,"  I said, slightly amused that they hadn't noticed me the whole time.

   The two girls, one blond, the other with beautiful jet-black hair and Razorwhip armor, both jumped off the twins back and exchanged surprised glances, then looked at me.  

   The girl twin gasped.  "It's a ghost!  Here to haunt us for all of eternity!"  Oh wait, that was the boy.  Eh, close enough.

   "No, you muttonhead, that's a person!"  The black-haired guy said.  "I get to keep her!"

   "Snotlout, that's a person!"  The blond-haired girl objected.

   "So?"  Snotlout said.

   The chocolate-haired stick boy approached me.  I had my black hood over my head and kept my light-blue-dark-green eyes on the ground.

   "Who are you?"  He asked.

   "Kiara.  And you?"  I replied.

   "I'm Hiccup, that's Heather, Fishlegs, Snotlout, the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, and Astrid."  Hiccup said, pointing at each of them in turn.  There was something slightly different in the way he said Astrid's name, but I didn't dwell on it.

   "You're in here for being dragon hunters?"  I guessed.

   "Aha, yes, Captian Obvio - ow!"  Snotlout started before Astrid grabbed his arm, pulling it back and then flinging him into the wall.

   "What are you in here for?"  Heather asked.

   "Same thing,"  I said with a shrug.  

   "Well, let's hope this works,"  Astrid said, glancing up at the cell door above them.

   "If you want we can say you're with us.  Do you ride a dragon?"  Hiccup asked.

   I nodded.  "Yes, Frostflake.  She's a Frost Wraith.  And, if you don't mind...that would be nice."

   "Ok, gang, looks like we've got ourselves a plan."  Hiccup said.

   I glanced up at the roof.  "I just hope it works."