Chapter 58: Flametail?

I blinked in shock at Whiplash.  "You're Whiplash."  

   Whiplash shook his head.  "I don't know what you're talking about - my name is Flametail.  Anyways, have we met before?" Frostflake whirled to Viggo with a threatening growl.  "Easy, girl."  I murmured, placing a hand on her head.  "It's ok."  I crouched down next to her.

   "Ok!?"  Frostflake spat, looking at me.  "Whiplash has no idea who he is or who we are and he's the only one that even might tell us anything!  What do you mean 'it's okay'!?"   Frostflake cried.  "Easy, easy."  I stroked her head.  "What's the problem?"  Viggo asked.  

   I got up but kept a hand on Frostflake's head.  "Whiplash doesn't know who he is or who we are."  Viggo raised a brow.  "What?"  I asked.  "I'm not kidding."  "Dragon Fern.  A fern that when made into a gas form can cause memory loss in dragons."  Viggo said.

   "He was probably too difficult to train,"  I murmured.  "Is there a cure?"  "As a matter of fact there is, but you must go on a perilous journey to retrieve it,"  Viggo replied.  "I don't care.  We're getting Whiplash back."  I said.  "For the hundredth time who is Whiplash, and who are you?"  Whiplash - or "Flametail" - asked.

   "I'm Kiara, that's Frostflake and Viggo, you're Whiplash and you're staying here for the time being,"  I said.  "Shouldn't we at least take him back to the Edge?"  Frostflake asked.  I thought for a moment.  "Nevermind."  I opened the cage and Whiplash looked at us, then made a dash for the exit. 

   Frostflake swiftly stomped down on his tail.  "Still predictable."  She chuckled.  "OW!"  Whiplash roared.  "What did you do that for!?"  "You're coming with us, Whiplash,"  Frostflake said.  "I am not Whiplash!"  Whiplash snapped.  "I am Flametail, you psychos!"  

   "What happened to Amber and Amythest?"  I asked Viggo.  "Where did that explosion come from?"  Viggo chuckled.  "What?  What's so funny?"  I asked, getting slightly annoyed.  "Your Razorwhips are special, they're known as Power dragons.  I'm not entirely certain why they have these abilities but I do know how we can use them to our advantage."  Viggo replied.

   I sighed.  "Frostflake's going to go back for Hookfang and Stormfly, so we'll be here for a little while."  Frostflake landed at the bottom of the pit and we dismounted her.  I looked up at the sky for a little while, thinking about Hiccup.  Stoick's injuries must've been a huge blow on him.

   "Hiccup will be fine,"  Viggo said from behind me.  I guess I'm able to stall telling Stoick about Viggo.  I thought.  "...thanks,"  I said hesitantly.  I saw Windshear weakly flying by.  "Heather!"  My gaze lit up.  "Windshear!"  I called.  Windshear turned, and my heart sank as I saw burn marks all along her wings and spine.  Viggo made a 'hmm' sound behind me.

   Windshear dove toward us and fell to the ground as soon as she landed.  Heather weakly slid off of her.  I caught her before she hit the ground, too.  "Heather!  Are you ok, what happened!?"  I asked.  She looked up at me, not noticing Viggo yet (thank goodness).

   "The Dragon Flyers have attacked Vanaheim."