Chapter 40: Song of Death

"You never goot me!"  A shrill cry came from the forest.

   Frostflake dove between branches, following the cry.  "Oh yeah, we will!"  She laughed.  "Don't bet on it!"  Whiplash agreed, then ran into a tree.  "OW!"  Chroma's laugh came from a branch of a tree beside Frostflake.

   Frostflake twisted and caught a glimpse of a blue-purple tail.  Chroma had gone through her shed recently (freaking out everyone on the Edge when they found her molted scales in the clubhouse) and her scale color had changed.  She was also learning how to speak.

   "I gotcha Chroma!"  Oh, then there's this.

   Garf snatched up the blue shape and dodged through the trees.  "You're not getting away from us THAT easily!"  Frostflake laughed, following.  "One of us, at least,"  Whiplash muttered as he ran into another tree trunk.

   "Tanks Unc Garf!"  Chroma cheered.  "Kiara, there you are!"  Astrid caught up to us.  "No time, Astrid!  Chasing Garf and Chroma!"  I laughed.  "Dagur's here!"  Frostflake halted as I whipped my head.  "What?  Why?"  I snapped.  "Come and find out,"  Astrid suggested.

   "Dagur's here, guys!"  I called.  "Aww, play over?"  Chroma asked, tilting her small head as Garf flew back over.  "Who Daga?"  She added.  "Come along and find out,"  Frostflake said.  Whiplash came and got Chroma from Garf.  She purred and climbed onto him.  

   When I came into Hiccup's hut where Dagur was, he was speaking to Hiccup with Oswald's Diary at his hands.  " - killing you."  Dagur finished his sentence.  "And you're afraid Heather's got the same obsessive nature."  Hiccup said.  "She's a Berserker!  It's in our blood!  Please, Hiccup, look in my dad's diary and see if there's anything we can use."  Dagur said.

   "Well, well, well, look who decided to show up,"  I said, leaning on the door frame.  "Kiara!"  Dagur cried.  "Hey, Frost,"  Frostflake growled at him.   "How's it been, Whip?"  Dagur added, looking at Whiplash.  Whiplash stretched and yawned.  "And...new dragon!"

   "This is Chroma,"  I said.  "Sentinal!"  Hiccup cried suddenly.  "What?"  I said.  "This sketch - it's a Sentinal dragon!  And there's only one place those dragons are found.  Vanaheim."  "Vanaheim - it's real?"  I asked, shocked.  "And, if I'm right, Oswald might be there!  Let's ride, everyone."  Hiccup said.

   Fishlegs, Dagur, Hiccup and I approached the island.  "Hiccup..."  I pointed at a giant skull.  "Woah..."  Fishlegs said.  "Wait the - the skull!  It's in the Diary, Dagur!  It proves Oswald has been here!"

   "And possibly STILL is!"  Fishlegs cried.  "Uh...guys..."  I pointed at three statue-dragons that flew toward us.  "Uh, are you guys sure we're on the right island?"  Dagur called.  A wind clap from the Sentinals' wings pushed us back.  "I didn't come all this way just to get Heather some answers!"  Dagur growled.  "Follow me!"

   He did a back loop and dove for the island.  We all did the same, a flew through the wind clap.  We crashed on the beach, and I rubbed my hand.  "Are you ok, Frostflake?" Frostflake groaned.  "Define 'ok'."  She said.  "I'm alive."  She got up and growled at Dagur.  "Yeah, let's go with that."  He said.

   "I'm lost, what now?"  I asked.  "Let's search for Oswald."  Hiccup said, ignoring my question.  "Alright."  After a while, we found strange teeth in the forest.  "Hm."

   Suddenly, a group of dragons came out of the trees.  "Uh-oh,"  I said.  "These don't look like old or sick dragons to me."  "They're not."  Hiccup agreed as they spat sharp teeth at them.  "They're hunting."