Chapter 80: Moonlit Flight

"Loyalties,"  I said.  "And Looked at You."  

   (P.S.  If somebody suggests a better name for either song in the last chapter (or this one!) I'll update it.)

   "I'm sorry about Whiplash,"  Dagur said.  I was surprised to see a softer side to Dagur that I had only glimpsed as he tried to get closer to me when he thought I loved him.  

   "It's ok."  I saw, struggling to control the anger that threatened to break through my sad exterior.  I pulled my guard back up, and Dagur seemed to be slightly sad at this.

   I glanced up at the full moon, which had progressed to midnight in the time that we had been chatting - well, more like, in the time that I had been talking to myself on the cliffside.  "Wanna go on a ride?"  I asked with a mischievous smile at Dagur.  

   "Sure, but Sluether's -"  Dagur started.  I turned into a dragon.  "Sleuther!"  I roared.  "Frostflake!"  I turned back to a human again.  A few moments later and the two landed next to their respective riders.  "Who's up for a moonlit flight?"  I asked.  Both dragons roared their approval as I mounted Frostflake and Dagur mounted Sluether.

   We twirled into the night sky, the moon casting it's knowing gaze on the two of us.  "You ready?"  Frostflake burbled.  "You bet,"  Sluether replied, locking all of his tails into one tied up barb. 

   "Ready?"  I asked Dagur.  "Ready for whaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"  Dagur started, then his question quickly turned into screeches of surprise.  I laughed gleefully as Sluether and Frostflake dove toward the icy ocean Berk waters, the pulled up at the last second so that my hair barely brushed it.  

   The rest of the night was spent spinning and twirling, and it wasn't until the sun was rising when I realized that Harald had been watching us the whole time from the dock.

   Frostflake growled lowly.  "Yeah, I see him, girl,"  I muttered.  "Hey, uh, Dagur, I hate to cut this short, but, look!"  I called back to him, pointing at Harald.  "Harald?  What's he doing here at this hour?"  Dagur asked.  I shook my head.  "I don't know, but let's go ahead and find out."

   Dagur and I landed in front of Harald.  "Mind telling us WHY you were up here watching us, exactly?"  I asked.  "Well, the grace in which you fly your dragons is incredible!"  Harald laughed, reaching out a hand to pet Frostflake.  She twitched back with a growl.  "A - a - ah,"  I scolded him, slapping his hand back.  "Touchy scales, nobody wants to mess with the touchy scales."  Sleuther and Frostflake both roared at him.

   I stepped closer to Harald until I was mere inches from his face, my eyes piercing his.  I, too, had inherited some useful qualities from Viggo, it wasn't just my evil brother dang it!

   "I suggest, pirate,"  I sneered.  "that you leave now.  You see some dragons have something called the ability to tell when somebody's lying, these two are some, now leave."  I growled, narrowing my eyes.

   Maybe it was something in my gaze or the firey intensity in which I held my voice, but within a short moment, Harald was sailing away, quickly becoming a small dot in the distance.  I exhaled a sigh of relief.

   "Hey, where's Herald's ship?"  Hiccup yawned as he walked down to the docks.  "Seriously?  You're up THAT early?"  I asked.  "Well, yeah."  Hiccup said.  "Well, Herald's apparently a lying pirate, so we sent him on his way.  And by we I mean Frostflake, Sleuther and I."  I added, sending a teasing smile back offended Dagur's way.

   "Kiara, you could've given him a chance!"  Hiccup cried.  "Or risked all of our dragons being stolen by some kind of...pirate liar thief thing!?  No, I don't think so!"  I snapped back.  "Woah, what's going on down here?"  Astrid asked, landing at the docks on Stormfly.

   Apparently, the docks were very old and could break easily.

   Suddenly, the entirety of the docks shattered away, and while some dragons quickly jumped into the air (all of them, except for Toothless, in fact), Dagur, Toothless, and I were stuck into the water until I could climb out onto the rocky cliffsides as a dragon and grab them because the other dragons thought it'd be more amusing to have me do it.

   At this point, all of the Riders' attentions were attracted, including Viggo's and Chroma's, so I gave everyone a quick brief on the situation with Harald.  Surprisingly enough, nobody really questioned it.

   Then, realizing I hadn't slept all night and had a lot to do the next day, I wandered back into the slightly ruined stables (as a dragon, of course) to sleep.