Chapter 39: Wings of War

The Riders came back, and I quickly hid my Diary.  

   "Where's Hiccup?"  I asked.  "I figured he'd be here by now."  "He said he had to find another way to fight the Flyers and just took off,"  Astrid replied.  "I hate it when he just flies off,"  Stoick said, entering the arena.

   "Cheif!"  I said, jumping in surprise.  Stoick nodded at me, narrowing his eyes slightly.  "Well then, I suppose you and I should have a little talk,"  Stoick said to Astrid.  Astrid nodded.

   "We're going to attack the Dragon Flyers,"  Stoick said.  Astrid nodded.  "Get the A-Team ready, we attack immediately."  I mounted Frostflake.  "Shouldn't we leave someone behind to patrol the area?" I asked.  "Good idea, Gustav will stay here,"  Astrid said.

   Soon we were passing through the fog bank separating the archipelago and the Great Beyond.  Whiplash roared.  "I hope Chroma is ok staying at Berk."  He said.  "She will be,"  I promised.  "And if she isn't..."  My hands tightened into fists. 

   "No need to get violent,"  Frostflake warned.  "We're about to go into BATTLE, Frostflake!  Of COURSE, I feel violent!"  I snapped.  "Ok, fair point."  She agreed.  "Uh...guys..."  Whiplash said.  "SINGETAILS INCOMING!"

   "Ah!"  Frostflake ducked under a Singetail blast.  Frostflake went into a hover position momentarily and then burst forward.  "We have to break through!"  Whiplash roared.  "Ya THINK?"  I called back.  "You're a Singetail, give 'em a taste of their own medicine!"  

   Whiplash nodded and narrowed his eyes - more like pupils - and blasted fire at any dragon that fired at him.  "We might not be able to keep this up much longer!"  Fishlegs called.  "More flyers!?"  Astrid cried as seven more Singetails flew up.

   Suddenly, there was a blast of fire on a nearby island.  All of the Singetails' attention was directed to the island, and they bucked off their riders and flew toward the island.  "Hiccup!"  I gasped.  "This is our chance people!"  Stoick yelled.  "To the Edge!"

   I shot forward on Frostflake.  "We have to get there before we give Krogan and Viggo a chance to escape!"  "WHAT!?"  The Riders cried in unison.  "Viggo is ALIVE!?"  Fishlegs cried.  "Can we talk about this later!?"  I called.  "PLEASE!?"

   "And then never talk about it again, no, no, I don't think so!"  Snotlout called.  "We CAN'T talk now!"  I cried.  "Look!"  Astrid pointed at a big red Singetail.  Krogan was riding it, and Viggo was behind him.

   "Krogan,"  I growled.  "And Viggo."  I narrowed my eyes as we gave chase.  "You're all mine, Hunters."  Viggo glanced back with a smirk.  I bit my lower lip, then my upper one.  I heard Astrid and Stoick follow, but ignored them.

   I twisted under a shower of rocks that Krogan's Singetail had caused.  They approached a fog bank.  "Give me your all, girl!"  I cried.  The Singetail raised its tail and let out a jet of flame from its underbelly.  It gave her a burst of speed and she vanished in the fog.  "Ugh, no!"  I growled. 

(A/N:  I've decided to re-read my story and put comments of things wrong with it.  Because I've been watching too much CinemaSins lately, XD.  So, if you wanna go back and see what I put, go ahead.  And feel free to add your own things.)