Chapter 63: Stoick Day

I came to Berk to see Stoick waving orders.  My heart sank as his eyes narrowed at Viggo when Chroma slid him off her back.

   "What is he doing here?"  Stoick growled, stomping down the stone steps to the grand brown doors of the Great Hall.  "Wait, Cheif, before you start yelling -"  I said, quickly dismounting Frostflake as she landed and stepping between Viggo and Stoick.  "I have every right to yell, I -"  Stoick started yelling again. 

   "Wait, Dad -"  Hiccup interfered.  "She's right."  Viggo looked slightly wary, probably because he hadn't been nearly-chocked to death yet.  Chroma gave a soft growl.  "He's on our side now."  To my surprise, a look of shock crossed the Cheif of Berk's face.  "And he's proven it."  It was a struggle to keep my voice was shaking.  Stoick narrowed his eyes at the former Hunter and then nodded.  "Alright, but one false move and he's done."  He stalked off.

   I exhaled gratefully.  "Thank the moon."  I sighed.  Frostflake burbled and butted my hand.  I sighed and rubbed her head.  "I know, girl,"  I whispered.  "I know."  Amber and Amythest glanced at each other, flashing guilty looks at one another. 

   Frostflake shot me a pitying look, then took off to our spot at the cliff by the forest.  "Frostflake?  Frostflake, wait!"  I  flashed into a dragon and spread my wings, then felt a hand on my dragon-shoulder.  I turned with a small growl to see Viggo standing there.  "She needs time.  So do you."  He said.  I looked away with another growl and flew to the forest, but to another spot.

   I landed, feeling horrible.  I looked through the trees, took a few steps, then collapsed with a low moan.  I wished I could kill Johann again, and again, and again, and again.  "Whiplash,"  I murmur-whispered.  "Why?"  Suddenly, I heard a large roar from behind me.

   I lifted my head and whipped around with a fierce growl.  A large Typhoomerang with orange wings edged with white was standing behind me, his orange eyes narrowed with anger.  I scrambled to my feet, eyes wide with alarm.  I narrowed my eyes as fire gathered in his throat.  "You really want to do this?  Right here?  Right now?"  I asked, lashing my flamed tail.  "Either that or get out of my part of the forest."  The Typhoomerang snarled.

   I'm not sure why I attacked him.  Maybe because I was still sad about Whiplash's death.  Maybe because I needed a way to take out my anger.  Maybe because I wasn't quite ready to believe that Whiplash was dead and I thought he'd stop me.  Whatever the reason, I did.

   I leaped onto the Typhoomerang's back, making him roar and whirl around.  He threw me off and I skidded along the ground with a roar of fury.  I raced at him again, fire burning deep in my throat.  He blasted fire at me, but I leaped through the center of it.  He closed his mouth, clearly confused as to where I was, and I landed on his head.  I blasted fire at his wings and he flung me away into a tree.  I grunted with pain and struggled to my feet, which is when a certain black Night Fury interfered.

   "Torch, what are you doing!?"  Toothless roared at the angry Typhoomerang.  "Torch?"  I asked.  "Toothless?  What do you mean what am I doing!?"  Torch roared back.  "Oh, come on guys, you aren't starting this again!"  Hiccup sighed, dismounting Toothless.  "Kiara?"  He turned toward me.  I grumbled and turned into myself, feeling the damage from getting knocked into the tree and the ground more clearly now.  

   "Kiara, what happened?"  Hiccup asked.  I rubbed the back of my neck guiltily.  "The Typhoomerang challenged me so I picked a fight,"  I admitted.  "Kiara, you can't let your emotions get a hold of you like this!  Eventually, other Hunters will come at us.  This kind of stuff just can't happen."  Hiccup said.  "I know, alright!?"  I snapped, lashing out more aggressively than I meant to.  "I'm sorry."