two

My dad walked me upstairs, calling my Uncle Calum as I packed an overnight bag.

"Do I have to go to school tomorrow?" I asked my dad, seeing him look to me.

He never let me skip school.

I watched as sympathy took over his face.

"No princess, you can skip tomorrow, you've had a long night" he spoke, making me slowly nod.

Once I was packed, we went downstairs, my mom opening a bottle of wine.

"Were you able to finish your homework, Sky?" She asked me.

"No, I'm going to uncle Cal's for the night, I'm not going to school tomorrow" I spoke slowly.

"Who made that decision?" I could hear the attitude in her voice, making me instantly want to cry again.

Why couldn't she stop instigating tonight?

"I did" my dad stepped in forcefully.

"Well I'm so glad you decided to tell her that before even taking my opinion into account, what happened to her never needing to skip school? What happened to her needing straight A's to follow in your footsteps and be a fucking surgeon, what about all that, Luke?" She yelled towards him.

"Jessica, we can discuss this as soon as Calum gets here, but our daughter has heard enough of this tonight." He spoke.

"You're just trying to be the good guy- trying to get her on your side so that she wants to be with you more-" "no, I'm trying to be reasonable. It's almost midnight, she wasn't able to finish her homework, she hasn't even had fucking dinner or been able to dry her hair since her shower because we've had her down here, watching us argue. She's going with her godfather to get a good night of sleep and to have a quiet place to do her homework, if she pleases, because she hasn't had that lately!" My dad finally snapped, almost yelling towards her.

"Are you ready, princess?" My dad asked me once she was silent.

I nodded, going into the kitchen and hugging my mom, feeling her kiss my head firmly.

"I'll see you tomorrow" she spoke, making me slowly nod.

I led the way out the door and to my dads car, where we both got in, himself immediately starting to drive.

"I'm sorry that you had to see all of that" he spoke slowly, his hand taking my own.

"It's okay" I mumbled quietly.

"No it's not" he spoke firmly, exhaling to me.

I watched as he pulled into a McDonalds, confusing me, because he always rants about how disgusting and unhealthy McDonalds is.

"I thought you hated this?" I asked as he pulled into the drive-thru.

"Well- neither of us have had dinner, and Chick-Fil-A is closed, so not many more options" he laughed lightly.

He ordered us food, surprisingly even getting my mom something.

He parked, him and I eating together- listening to music and thinking.

"Will things change?" I asked him.

"Yes, I won't be living with you anymore-" "I mean between us" I asked him slowly.

He immediately turned almost his fully body towards me.

"What do you mean, baby?" He asked me slowly.

"I just don't want us to get distant, or for you to not care as much or get hurt-" "Skylar, no, no princess." He spoke firmly.

"You're my babygirl, my blood- I'll never let ya get distant, never. I'll always care about you more than anyone else in this entire world, I promise you." He spoke firmly towards me, concern written all over his face.

"I don't like this" I admitted to him.

"I don't either" he spoke quietly.

"But it'll all be better soon, we'll be set up, happy and together- thats all that will matter."

Soon we were driving down the familiar neighborhood of the guys.

I had spent the night with them about three days ago, but I didn't mind the time with the guys- they always knew how to make a bad day good.

We soon pulled into the familiar driveway, my dad leading me straight into the house, shutting the door behind me.

"Skylar Marie!" Michael's voice yelled, himself sliding from the kitchen, into the living room.

"Mikey" I smiled towards him, walking into his hug, which was tight- as if he had known how bad the night was.

"Hey guys" my dad exhaled as Calum and Ashton entered, both getting firm hugs from me.

"Long night?" Ashton asked slowly.

"Yeah." Dad confirmed immediately, looking to me as Calum pulled me into a side hug.

"She's had dinner, she's had her vitamins, just take her to the hospital with you guys in the morning, I'm not making her go to school. I'll meet you guys there and take her to my office" he spoke, making the three of them nod firmly.

"No problem at all" Calum spoke, kissing my head firmly, making me smile.

"Do you want to stay here tonight?" Ashton asked him, making him exhale.

"I want to, but I need to go finish packing so I can leave by tomorrow." He spoke slowly.

"Well, you have no sheets on your bed, but your old room is all ready for you. We dusted and everything." Michael smiled towards him.

"Thank you, you guys really are the best" he exhaled slowly.

"Come hug me princess" he spoke right after, making me immediately walk into his tight embrace.

"I'm sorry babygirl" he whispered to me, kissing my head gently.

"Don't be sorry" I spoke to him quietly.

"I'll see you in the morning" he spoke, giving me one more squeeze before letting me go completely.

"Thank you guys, for watching my girl" he spoke as he hugged each of the guys.

"Thank you for bringing her to us, we love our nights with our niece." Ashton smiled, hugging me firmly.

"Night guys." He spoke with a smile.

"Text me when your home" I spoke to him right before he walked out the door.

"I love you, princess" he spoke.

"I love you more"

After about ten minutes of each of the guys giving me hugs and asking me if I was okay, they realized that I didn't want to talk about it.

"Wanna go to bed?" Calum asked me slowly, each of them trying to comfort me without crowding me.

"Please." I spoke firmly.

"Can we all sleep down here? Let's make a fort." Ashton spoke with a wide smile, which actually made me smile.

"I'll get the air mattresses- you guys get the blankets and pillows."