forty-two

I went back into her room, seeing that Sierra was sitting in a chair, Skylar sleeping silently in the bed.

"What did Luke say?" Ben asked.

"Calum is coming home, but we're praying that they don't ask Luke and Michael to stay another week, it's not looking good." I told them, sitting in bed beside her.

"What are you about to do?" Sierra asked, seeming extremely protective over Skylar.

"I'm waking her up to see how she's feeling to determine whether I should operate on her now or not" I told her, watching her nod.

So I slowly started waking Skylar up, trying not to alarm her, but trying to actually wake her.

"Open those pretty eyes for me" I spoke as she shifted lightly, trying to stop me from waking her up.

Her eyes slowly opened- immediately meeting my own.

"Hi beautiful" I told her quietly, feeling her hand immediately hold my own.

"Don't let him do that to me again" she spoke firmly, tiredness evident in her voice.

"No one is going to touch you again princess, I promise" I told her quietly, pushing hair out of her face.

"But we have to talk about your surgery" I told her slowly.

"I want you to do it" her eyes instantly watered at the mention of it.

"I'm going to, but we need to discuss whether you want to do it today or tomorrow" I told her slowly.

"If we do it today, we will go in, in about an hour, we'll get it done in thirty minutes and then when you wake up Cal will be here. You'll sleep here overnight- if all is well in the morning, we will take you home, let you recover for a few days and if you're feeling better we will take you to see Luke if he can't come home Monday, like we were promised." I explained to her slowly.

"But if we do it tomorrow, everything will be the same except we may not take you to see Luke depending on how many days we have until he comes home" I told her slowly.

She didn't even think about it
"Let's do it today"

"Take a minute to think about it-" "ash, I want to go home and have privacy as soon as possible, please do it today."

So I booked the OR, I told Luke and we all started prepping.

Skylar.

Sierra helped me change into a gown- promising me that the lack of clothes did not matter- I was going to be okay.

Ash was doing my surgery
Sierra would be in there with him
Cal was on his way home
And I would see Jack and Ben as soon as it was all over.

And then no more men touching me unless I want them to.

Ashton entered, making me know that he was about to go start prepping himself.

"Okay, this is just a relaxer- it'll calm all of your nerves for the surgery, you will not fall asleep yet, you'll just get relaxed. In about fifteen minutes Sierra and a nurse are going to bring you into the OR, until then- enjoy your time, I'll see you in there pretty girl" Ashton told me, kissing my head firmly.

I made both Jack and Ben get in bed with me as we waited.

"I'm sorry I ruined our week" I told them- feeling genuinely guilty that they had planned so much for it to all go to shit.

"No apologies Sky, thats what long weekends are for, in a few weeks when you're a hundred percent healed we'll come finish our plans, maybe for your birthday" Ben told me with I smile, making me lean my head on his shoulder.

Within ten minutes, the room was moving, I was beyond emotional and I was surely expressing that to the room.

Sierra.

Jack was recording her on Snapchat as she cried 'tears of happiness'.

"So you're not sad?" Jack asked her.

"No, I'm really happy" she sobbed out, breaking my heart but yet making me laugh at the same time.

"I just want my dad" she spoke, wiping her tears slowly, breaking my heart for her.

"You'll see him soon, babygirl" jack told her, kissing her head gently.

Just as she had finished crying and was looking around the room with a smile

She started crying again

"Why are you crying now?" Ben asked.

"Look at how fat I am- I look pregnant" she cried, holding her bloated stomach in her hands.

"You're not fat, Sky" I told her slowly.

"Sierra- look at you and then look at me-" "Skylar you're swollen because of the fibroids, that's not fat." I told her, moving her hands off of her stomach.

"I wish you were my mom" she spoke, in almost a happy tone as Jack wiped the tears off of her cheeks.

"Sky-" she cut me off by looking to me very suddenly, a smile on her face

"You could marry my dad- I see the way you look at him." She spoke, making my face immediately heat up as I managed to laugh with the guys, who tried to change the subject.

"Let me just say one more thing!" She spoke loudly with a laugh as the nurses who were helping me take her to the OR entered.

We all paused for her to say something else

"I think my dad likes you too, but don't tell anybody"

She spoke in a room full of nurses