seventeen

I opted out of dinner, going straight to my room to facetime my dad.

To my surprise, when the call connected- it was Michael.

"Sky, what are you doing, pretty girl!" He yelled out, making me instantly laugh.

"I'm just laying down, what about you?" I asked him.

"I am sitting in the kitchen with Ashton, while Calum and Luke are playing FIFA in the living room."

Him and I talked back and forth for a good ten minutes before me door opened so forcefully that it slammed into the wall- even catching Michael's attention.

"What the fuck." I spoke quickly, my hand going to my chest.

"Your mom wants to know if you wanted-" I cut Antonio's question off before the guys could hear.

"I don't." I spoke quickly towards him, still feeling my heart beating from the door slamming.

"Look, we're going to be living together for a long time, so let's establish this now." Antonio spoke, making me instantly show him my phone, showing Michael's face- who seemed nothing but concerned as to what the fuck was going on.

"Oh- I didn't realize-" "no, don't let me interrupt, please continue." Michael's voice spoke.

"I just want some respect, drop your attitude with me." He spoke before leaving the room quietly, not slamming the door- thankfully.

"Who the fuck was that and why the hell was he speaking to you like that?" Michael's voice spoke at a fast pace as I watched even Ashton's face come into view.

"One of moms friends" I mumbled out.

"You're living with them?" Ashton chimed in.

"Yeah- mom doesn't want to get a job, so she's sharing rent with two of her friends" I told them slowly.

"Does Luke know this?" Michael asked.

"I don't know" I spoke truthfully.

Soon I was on the phone with my dad- who had been caught up on everything from Michael.

"Do I need to come get you and take her back to court, are you uncomfortable?" He asked me quickly.

"No dad" I spoke quietly, looking to my phone, seeing him rub his face.

"Your fucking mother." He exhaled, seeming angry, but yet not wanting to show it.

"Are you being truthful?" He asked me.

"Yes, it's just going to take time to adjust, you don't need to spend anymore money on court-" "Skylar, don't even think about the money- I'm thinking about wether you're comfortable or not, so I'll ask again, are you comfortable?"

"I'm fine." I spoke to him, wanting nothing but to now hang up and be alone.

I watched as he looked to the guys, all of them mumbling to where I couldn't hear.

"We're coming over." Dad suddenly spoke, all of them standing.

They weren't going to make anything better.

"Dad-" "no arguments, I'm allowed to have one visit a week and so is she, I'm going to text her and tell her, but I'm coming." He spoke, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay" I mumbled

"Don't roll your eyes at me, I'm watching out for you."