nine

Friday.

I sat at the dinner table of a Mexican restaurant I had never been to, sitting between Brian and Kansas.

Our mother daughter date was ambushed by her wonderful friends.

"Look what I got" Antonio spoke, lifting a bag with several pills in it before quickly tucking it back into his pocket- glancing around him to make sure no one saw.

The table filled with approving noises and almost proud speeches.

I kept my eyes on my mom- who was avoiding eye contact from everyone.

We soon got food, and to say the least- it was not great.

After about an hour of everyone eating, passing pills around- thankfully which my mother denied- I started feeling sweaty and almost nauseous.

"Can we go?" I whispered to my mom, desperately just wanting the comfort of my bed.

"A few more minutes, baby" she spoke calmly.

"Mom, I don't feel good-" "Skylar, suck it up- you're a big girl and the adults are having fun, let her finish her drink and take no as a fucking answer" Dylan spoke, making me instantly start shaking my knee.

I wanted to cry.

I wanted to flip the table, call my dad and cry.

"Jesus Christ, someone's used to daddy spoiling them." They continued talking about me as if I wasn't sitting right there.

My mom didn't say a word.

"Maybe mom should give the brat to daddy early so mom can finally let completely loose." Macy mumbled lightly.

My moms eyes stayed locked on me.

But I didn't even look to her, I texted my dad.

I can't wait to be with you.

Soon I was almost in pain- my stomach felt as if it was twisting, I was in a pure sweat- trying to do anything but acknowledge the spinning room.

My mom thankfully paid and said goodbye to her friends, holding my arm as she led the way outside.

As soon as we got out the door- I threw up in the nearest bush.

"Jesus, Sky- you didn't tell me you felt this bad-" "I shouldn't have to specify how bad I'm feeling, I told you I didn't feel good!" I almost yelled out, wiping my tears from my gags.

The whole ride home she had to stop four times to let me puke.

By the time we got into the driveway, I was a crying mess, dry heaving as I sat on my knees in the driveway.

"Skylar, try to make it into the bathroom inside- it's cold as fuck out here" my mom spoke quickly.

I felt as if I literally couldn't stand.

"Medicine" I almost begged, having to trust the trashcans to keep me from falling over.

I heard her run inside- my crying body almost laying on the cement as I felt the continual feeling of throw up making its way up my throat.

"I don't have any medicine, Sky" I heard her say.

But she has fucking cocaine- that makes sense.

"Call my dad, now" I sobbed.

We argued back and forth for ten minutes, myself begging her to call him as I sobbed.

"No, it's not his turn yet, but I'll go buy you medicine- just come inside-" "mom, I feel weak as fuck, I'm shaking, I think I'm fucking dying- please either call my dad or the fucking first responders." I was desperate- call me dramatic, but it felt as if someone was twisting my intestines  and then making me throw up every five minutes- to the point of me throwing up a white liquid, which I knew wasn't anything that I have eaten.

I soon heard her talking to my dad

"Luke, she says she thinks she's dying- she told me to call either you or the first responders-" I heard her pause.

"Nothing! I just took her to a Mexican Restaurant with my friends."

"What mexican restaurant?" I could hear my dads voice through the phone as she walked closer to me.

"The one on elm street-" "and that's how you gave our daughter food poisoning."