twenty-three

As Jessica looked to Antonio- more than shocked, I got a call from Michael, making me answer

"Michael, I need you to take off with Ashton and search for Skylar- she got assaulted-" "we have her, she's on the way to the hospital with Sierra and Luke, she doesn't sound good, get your ass here."

Calum and I didn't say anything else to anyone

We ran out the house

I cleaned my knuckles, not wanting Skylar to see what I did.

I prayed she was okay.

I prayed for more than that.

I just prayed.

We ran into the hospital and I immediately saw the familiar intern Michael told me about

"Follow me" she spoke quickly, jogging with us to an exam room, where Michael and Ashton sat on the ground with an absolutely emotionless Skylar.

"Princess" I exhaled, immediately pulling her into my embrace

"I'm so sorry" I spoke into her shoulder as she squeezed me tighter than I've ever felt her hold me.

"I'm so sorry, I'm supposed to protect you and I didn't-" "please don't" I heard her say.

"If you have to blame anyone, just please don't blame yourself." She spoke into my shoulder.

We all sat on the ground, because that's what she wanted to do.

We sat in silence, watching her stare straight to the wall.

"They do drugs" she told me- and I watched almost a weight become lifted off of her shoulders once she said it.

"They do them all the time and she promised me she would stop so many times, but she never did" her eyes watered.

I held her hand.

"What else, baby?" I asked slowly.

"They don't have hot water" she spoke

How did I not know this?

How did I not catch these signs?

But she continued

"They all have sex- all the time- it's like they share, that night we FaceTimed and I woke up early, I was awake because they were loud."

"They're mean to me, they make fun of me, they call me spoiled all of the time"

"Mom let's them talk to me however they want- she lets them touch my stuff, and she hasn't spent any of the child support on me, it's went straight to her drug and alcohol addiction" he exhaled as she let everything out- seeming so relieved to have everything off of her chest.

"Please don't make me go back."

"You won't be going back." I spoke firmly, seeing security at the door- knowing we had to contact the police due to all of this, but yet I didn't know who had already told them.

"Let's talk about this morning" Calum spoke- and I saw her lock eyes with him.

"We went to your house to find you and found a man in your bed and he told us that he did some things to you-" "no" she shut down

"Please" tears came into her eyes as Calum tried to push her to talk.

"I don't ever want to talk about it- let's just forget it."