twenty-eight

I followed her to my room, since hers still wasn't done- we had bought everything and was actually in the process of putting her bed and such together when all this shit started going wrong, which of course caused delay.

I watched her crawl into my bed, patting beside her tiredly, making me sit with her.

She rubbed her eyes slowly, pulling her hair out of the ponytail it was in.

"Let's talk about how you're feeling overall" I spoke slowly, watching her bloodshot eyes move to me.

"Tired?" I asked her slowly.

"I think so" she nodded slowly, making me move closer to her, to where I could grab her hands.

"We can go to bed-" "I want to talk for a minute" she mumbled to me.

"Okay" I was happy that she wanted to talk.

"How do you feel?" I asked her, watching her eyes move around the room, not looking to me.

"You don't have to use specific words, you can give explanations" I mumbled, watching her nod slowly.

"I-I feel bad" she spoke.

"You feel like, sick?" I asked her quickly.

"No, like- I regret not talking to you" she mumbled.

"I could've saved everyone a lot of stress and money just by talking to you once the drugs started-" "Princess, stop thinking about everyone else so much" I told her slowly.

"You felt uncomfortable, you were scared- you had a reason to not tell me, and I understand that, and I don't blame you for any of this, I promise you." I told her.

"The money doesn't matter, our stress doesn't matter- nothing but how you feel and how you're processing things matters, okay?" I spoke to her, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked me.

"Of course" I spoke to her.

"Did you and Calum hurt him?" She asked the question hesitantly, her innocent face staring to my knuckles, which had a few cuts.

"We did."

I wasn't going to lie to him.

"We weren't going in there to hurt him" I explained slowly.

"But once we started asking why he was in your room and where you were- he said some thing that made Cal and I mad, and we didn't process our anger in a correct way." I told her slowly.

I rubbed her finger over the few cuts, glancing to my eyes.

"Don't be mad at me-" "I'm not." She quickly spoke, holding my hand into hers.

"What did mom say?" She asked me.

I thought about what to say for this one

Should I lie and say she cried, she tripped out, she tried to beat the hell out of him too?

"Your mom was very confused, she had just woken up and was under the influence of course" I told her slowly.

"She didn't do anything, did she?" She asked me slowly.

"I'm sure she did once we left, we just didn't stick around" I told her.

"She never cared how they spoke to me" she told me slowly.

"I truly don't think she would care if they hurt me." She mumbled.

I believed her.

I hated to say it, but her mother changed completely the past few months and even more the past three weeks, it made me sad.

I had so many questions to ask her.

"Let's keep talking" I spoke slowly.

I watched her go back into her thoughts.

"I'm embarrassed" she spoke quietly.

"Why, baby?" I asked her slowly.

"I just- I wish it wouldn't have happened" her talking was shutting down, I knew she didn't want to talk much more.

"I wish I could've protected you."