thirty-eight

Thursday.

I woke up to cramps- immediately confusing me.

I got up, running to the bathroom, confirming my one thought

My second period this month.

What the actual fuck, why do I have to go through hell twice?

It was two in the morning- I was standing in my dads bathroom, debating taking a hot bath, trying to piece together why the fuck I would be having a second period.

I trudged my way downstairs, finding the Midole and taking it before grabbing a few cooling rags, going back into my dads room.

I laid down, positioning the rags where I felt the most pain before grabbing my phone.

As I responded to a text from Ashton, Jack opened the door- clearly just waking up.

"I heard you walk" he spoke, just one eye open as he cleared his throat, sleep more than apparent in his appearance.

"Yeah I had to get Midole" I told him.

"What the fuck is Midole-" "it's cramp medicine" I told him slowly- seeing it all register in his face, his eyes widening.

"Oh- oh." He spoke slowly, making me smile- even though I didn't exactly want to.

"Um- do you- need anything?" He asked me slowly.

"No, I'm okay" I told him.

"I don't know how to help you-" "I don't need help" I laughed lightly, watching him look to me as if he so badly wanted to help me, but had no idea how.

"I feel like I need to call Luke to make sure you're not lying-" "jack, I'm fucking bleeding- how the hell are you supposed to help me with that?" I laughed out to him.

"I don't fucking know- do you need a massage maybe- some candy- my ex really liked chocolate- I'll go to the store" he spoke, wanting nothing but to help.

"I have cooling rags on my stomach and back, and I took medicine so I'll be feeling better soon, we can go get stuff in the morning, but there's no reason for you to leave tonight." I told him with a smile, watching him slowly nod.

"Thank you though" I told him as he came to me, kissing my forehead gently.

"Wake me up if you need anything at all" he told me before leaving the room, making me exhale into my dads pillow.

Please come home soon.

Luke.

I woke up in the hard ass hotel room to my phone ringing- making me instantly look to it, knowing it had to have been one of the guys, Sky or my brothers- which made me instantly answer- seeing Jack's name.

"What's wrong?" I spoke tiredly into the phone.

"I'm sorry to wake you, but Skylar is on her period and you didn't go over any protocol as to how to help her with that-" "she's not on her period" I told him firmly, knowing she has it a little over a week ago.

"Yes mate, she is- she's awake in your room right now, she told me she was on it- you're wrong." He told me, making me sit up- trying to wake myself up more without waking up Ashton.

"She shouldn't be on her period, she had it last week" I mumbled to him.

"Well, that's not what she's telling me" he spoke.

"Okay- I'm going to call her and then I'll call you back."

He agreed, making me instantly call Sky.

She immediately answered, telling me that something was surely up.

"Hi" her voice sounded awake, but yet she sounded tired.

"Hi baby, you're on your period?" I asked her.

"Yeah" he exhaled quietly.

"Didn't you have it just last week?" I asked her.

"Yeah- I don't know why this happened" she mumbled.

And then all the nervous questions hit me.

This worried me- especially considering she had just went through sexual assault- to a point that we still didn't know whether it was rape or assault- it really stressed me out.

"Princess have you had any nausea lately- any pelvic pain right now?" I asked her- my mind going to a miscarriage- which scared the fuck out of me, but I wanted to know now if this is what we were facing.

"No" she spoke, seeming confused, but she didn't question it.

"It feels like a normal period, right? Not too painful, you're not bleeding too heavy, right-" "why are you asking me so many questions, this is uncomfortable." She quickly spoke to me.

"I just worry" I told myself and her, trying to make myself relax, but every bad instance was running through my mind.

"It's just an irregular period- you can talk to Ashton about it in the morning, but don't ask me questions like that" she laughed out- her laugh made me smile.

"Okay princess, you feel okay?" I asked her quietly.

"About as good as normal" she mumbled, relieving me.

"Okay, just call me if you're concerned about anything, I'll wake up- I promise" I told her.

"Okay, sleep good dad, I love you" she spoke tiredly.

"You too princess, I love you more"

I then called Jack, telling him the basic necessities that she would want for the next few days- which was gummy bears, smoothies, tea, possibly brownies and tons of cuddles, but no public contact.

She hated going out when she was on her period, but I didn't blame her- it was hell on her.

As soon as I hung up with Jack, I noticed that Ashton was sitting up.

"What's happening?" He asking tiredly.

"Sky started her second period this month and for a second I thought she could be miscarrying  if that dumbass raped her, but I asked her a few questions and she said it was just a normal period" I spoke to him.

"She told me he didn't rape her, because I told her I'd get her a plan B pill, and she told me it didn't go that far" he told me, lifting an invisible weight that I had been struggling with the past few weeks.

"You couldn't have told me that three weeks ago?" I asked him.

"It's her story, I just ask what I need to know as her doctor and then I forget what I learned as her doctor and comfort her as her uncle, you know the drill."