twenty- four

"Sky-" "please dad" she begged, a tear finally falling down her cheek.

"Don't make me talk about it, I'm begging." She cried out, making Calum pull her between his legs.

She squeezed his shirt as an officer entered, looking between my crying daughter, the intern and all of the men in the room.

"I had a report of a mother who held custody for this week, doing drugs with her daughter in the house along with other activities occurring-" "she put my daughter in a situation where she was sexually assaulted." I spoke to the cop, seeing her face immediately become sympathetic.

"Here's her address, please go and bring back up so you can arrest everyone at that house" she took the address and left, making me relieved

I watched as Skylar forced herself to stop crying.

"Baby, you can cry." I reminded her, touching her knee gently- watching her rub her eyes and as she did, her sleeve fell, revealing bruised handprints.

I slowly grabbed her hand, pushing her sleeve down and looking at the perfect handprint around her small wrist

I made eye contact with her.

I was so angry

Angry with her mother, with her mothers friends, especially Antonio- but then, I was mad at myself.

I had a bad feeling, I should've got her out of there.

I watched her intertwine our hands.

"I'm okay, I promise" she whispered to me, making tears instantly come into my eyes

Why did she feel the need to constantly me okay?

"No baby, you're not" I whispered, holding her face gently.

"And I don't know if you're convincing yourself or if you're trying to make me feel better, but you are not okay. This is not okay. None of this is okay." I told her, touching my forehead to hers slowly, wanting nothing but to squeeze her and hold her forever

I wanted her to cry, I would know that she's at least processing this shit, but yet it's like shes still almost in shock.

"You don't have to be okay for us, baby girl" Calum reminded her.

"But we have to stop hiding our feelings, we can tell that you're struggling" Ashton chimed in quietly, making her eyes water more and more.

"I want to be alone"