fifteen

Skylar.

I woke up the next morning, feeling someone placing ice on my ankle.

"Cold" I almost whispered- hearing my dads laugh.

"Sorry" he mocked my whisper back to me with a smile.

I felt him crawl back into bed with me, throwing his arms around me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Okay" I spoke into the pillow, feeling him kissing my head lightly.

"So your mom was sick last night?" He asked me, making me go silent.

She told him she was sick?

"I guess" I mumbled back

"What do you mean by that?" He asked, not letting me go

"She says she was sick- but that doesn't mean she's actually sick." I told him, I was sick of flat out lying to him- she had to take some of the fall at one point.

"That's what I thought" he spoke to me.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked, slowly turning my body to face him, laying my head on his arm.

"Rest and let your ankle heal, I took off of work so I didn't have to drag you with me- we can have a bonding rest day" he spoke happily.

"I'm perfectly okay with that." I exhaled.

"I wish I could stay with you another week" I told him after a few moments of quietness.

"I wish you could stay with me constantly, pretty girl" he spoke.

I traced the design on his shirt, listening to him soon beginning to hum.

I've always loved hearing him hum or sing, and he knew that.

I closed my eyes against his chest, feeling the vibrations.

"You know, before your mom got pregnant- I never thought that I could love anything or anyone the way I loved her." He spoke quietly.

"And then, she got pregnant, and I got nervous and anxious- but along with that I got so excited." He continued.

"And then I found out that you were a girl, and oh my god- I got so worried, I didn't want to even think about a boy liking you- or thinking you were pretty and I didn't want the world to corrupt you, I was so so worried- you can ask literally anyone." He laughed lightly.

"But then, you were born, I remember- Ashton was studying OBGYN at that time and he was so lucky, he got put on our case- he was so excited to help deliver you- and I remember, I was praying he wouldn't fuck it up. But he pulled you out with the doctor and he immediately laid you on your moms chest- and you cried, and I couldn't do anything but stare" he spoke, holding me even tighter.

"And time has flown" he mumbled.

"And you're big, you're no longer my baby, you grew up." He whispered to me, placing his lips again.

"But yet everyday that I'm with you, everyday that I'm fighting for you- I show myself how much deeper I can fall in love with someone- and it's insane." He whispered.

"I don't want to rush the time at all, believe me, but I almost can't wait until you have kids, just so you can feel how crazy this feels, because I swear" he spoke into my hair

"It's a love that I'd die for, and it's a love that I will never ever let go away. I promise you that."