fourty-eight

one month later.

We were at the hospitals Christmas party, which was basically a huge party that everyone who works for the hospital and their families come to.

I watched as Ashton and Skylar slow danced, Michael and Calum we're getting drinks as I sipped on my own at the table, smiling as Ashton spun Skylar slowly, making sure her skirt didn't come up.

"She looks good" Sierra suddenly spoke, walking up beside me, making me smile to her.

"Thank you" I smiled, glancing to Sky again before looking back to her.

We talked for a few seconds before I looked to Ashton and Skylar, seeing them both still dancing, but looking at us and then signaling for me to dance with her.

I gave them a 'stop' glance for a good few seconds before I exhaled, moving to my feet.

"Wanna dance?" I asked her with a smile, seeing her instantly smile back to me.

"I'd love to"

So I danced with her, her and I speaking over the music back and forth as we did, myself spinning her at appropriate times.

We let our foreheads touch together towards the end; myself looking straight into her eyes

Skylar.

I gasped, keeping my arms around Ashton's neck as we watched in amusement.

"They're gonna kiss" I spoke to him.

"Of fucking course they are" Ashton laughed back, watching with excitement.

And just as I swore my dad was about to lean in, he spoke something that I couldn't read, making both of them look to Ashton and I in unison.

Ashton and I quickly tried to play it off as if we weren't watching by pointing to a random light in the ceiling as Ashton went to twirl me.

The song ended shortly after, making Ashton kiss my cheek firmly as I smiled to him.

I went to Dad once Sierra went to get a drink.

"Date her" I spoke quickly- seeing shock spread across his face.

"Skylar, you-" "I didn't ask" I groaned to him, feeling him hug me tightly as he laughed.

"Shes into you- you're into her, it's like perfect" I smiled to him, feeling him pull me back to the dance floor as yet another slow song came on, his arms wrapped around me as I held his shoulder, looking to him with a smile.

"You're my priority right now, princess" he spoke with a firm smile.

Although I wanted to smile, I stuck to a simple eye roll

"You're gonna let her- the most beautiful woman in the hospital walk away because you want me to be your priority?" I asked him quickly.

"Sky, there's one thing I've learned over my lifetime" he smiled to me.

"If she's the one, she'll still be here for me when I'm ready to her into another relationship"

So I agreed

I held my dad close to me, I listened to him sing as he slow danced with me.

"My Babygirl, she grew up out of no where" he spoke, spinning me as the song ended, placing a kiss on my head gently.

"But still your babygirl"