Chapter 22

She sits on the bed crossing her legs, I'd be lying if I said it was a good idea

She sits on the bed crossing her legs, I'd be lying if I said it was a good idea..but I haven't had a drink in a while so what's the harm.

She passes me two glass cups to hold out as she pours more than a quarter in each one, she places the bottle onto the nightstand and stands up, she turns on her DVD player. I'm surprised people still use them, she puts on some film before jumping back onto the bed and taking the cup from me.

"You know we properly met in class" She nudges my shoulder. I know she just wants a distraction from her dads illness.

"What?" I chuckle.

"We met in class, that's when we officially met..you asked me to meet you in the janitors closet in five" she mocks with a giggle before downing the glass.

"Oh yeah, I have no idea why you even spoke to me after that" I drink every drop in the glass and smirk.

"You were hot" she shrugs pouring more into the glasses.

"Were.." I scoff.

"Yes..were" She laughs.

"Ouch" I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

"Kidding" she shoves my shoulder, my smile widens knowing she finds me hot.

"I can't believe it's been three years" I say.

"I know" she nods.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask.

"Of course" she nods.

"When is Elle's birthday?" I've realised I'm her father and I don't know.

"22nd of September" she smiles.

"I wish I was there for her first and second birthday" I sigh running my fingers through my hair.

"Me too" she downs her second drink and I follow right after.

She leans back against the headboard and sighs keeping her legs crossed "Hunter.." she coos swirling the newly poured whiskey around in the glass.

"Hmm" I lean back.

"Did you mean what you said?" She glances at me.

"When?" What did I say?

"When..you said you loved me" she quietly says.

"Of course, I'll always love you.." no doubt in my mind.

"Really.." she leans her head back and looks at me.

"Yeah" we both stare into each other's eyes.

She breaks eye contact and looks towards the ring on her finger, she slides it up and down her finger a few times before downing another glass and placing it on the nightstand.

My eyes haven't left her, I could stare at her all day as creepy as it sounds. She does the same motion again fiddling with the ring on her finger as awkward silence fills the room.