Chapter 45

Brinley's POV

Brinley's POV

"Mamma!" I hear from the living room, when I enter Elle is trying to climb into her favourite swing while holding her blacker by the tag.

"You're getting to big for this" I chuckle and lift her in and switch it on, I don't even bother to strap her in because I know it won't fit.

It begins swinging back and forth slowly while a little lullaby plays quietly, her thumb goes into her mouth as her eyes latch onto Tangled on the tv.

I walk back into the kitchen and begin swiping down the countertops with a wipe.

Last night was the last time, I want to be there for Elle and only her. She's the most important to me. I can't deal with two people, fair enough one, the first one fine but the second one is too much. What if he blacks out due to anger with me or Elle, I don't want to stop him from seeing Elle but..ugh I don't know.

"Hi beautiful" His arms snake around my waist.

"Stop" I wiggle out of his hold and begin filling the basin with warm water.

"What's wrong?" He places his hand on my hip nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Hunter I said stop" I nudge him off.

"What did I do?" His voice laced with sadness.

"I meant what I said last night" I sigh while I begin washing the dishes.

"That you love me" he laughs, confidently.

"No, that I'm done"

"What?" He chuckles nervously, "I thought after last night.."

"Exactly you thought and manipulated me into saying I love you, i told y.."

"I didn't" I turn and face him, drying my hands on the towel.

"You did.." I snatch my ring off the counter beside the sink, I grab his hand pulling it toward me and placing the ring onto his palm "my number one priority is my daughter and always will be, I can't deal with two fucking people!" I snap.

"But i didn't mean it! I would never hurt you or Elle, I promise" he reaches out for me but I smack his hand away, he looks hurt by this action.

"I've been through so much shit Hunter! I'm fucking fed up!"

"I know but, I'll be here for.."

"No, you can be there for Elle but I'll tell you one thing, I will not fucking take her into a prison to visit you" his mouth parts in shock with hurt circling his eyes.

"Hey!" Brax says entering the kitchen.

"Get the fuck out for a minute" Hunter spits at Brax.

Braxton's eyes flicker between Hunter and I before turning around and going into the living room.

"So, you're breaking up with me?" His eyes bore into mine. I can practically feel the sadness radiating off him.

"Yes.."

"What because I made a mistake!" He hisses.

"You killed someone Hunter!, again!"

"I told you it was a mistake, I have you and Elle..I'm happy now"

"What if something goes wrong huh? We have an argument and you go to the bar! Get drunk, have a fight and it happens AGAIN!"

"It won't!" He shouts.

We stare at each other intensely for a few seconds in silence before he finally speaks again "I love you Brin, please don't do this"

"It's already done" I look away.

"No..don't, it was a mistake" he grabs my hands pulling me towards him and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hunter, stop"

"Please don't, come on, baby...I love you" he shoves his face into the crook of my neck and begins leaving wet kisses, holding me tighter.

"Stop" I try shoving him off.

"Please" the kisses continue as they trial up across my jaw.

"Hunter, stop!" I push on his chest.

"Please, don't do this" his voice cracks, his lips softly touch mine. He pecks a few times hoping for me to kiss him back.

"It's done" I push on his chest hard. He grabs my face trying to kiss my mouth more.

"Stop!" I push him off and he steps back with a whimper.

I'm a strong woman.

"Please don't do this" he wipes his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Hunter, go to Australia"

"What about Elle, I need to see her" his voice shaky.

"I'll set something up"

"Set something up! So what? I'll get her once a week with someone sitting there watching"

"Just see how the court cases go"

"If I do the time or whatever I get and I fix..change myself, I'll come back and I promise I'll fucking do it this time, I'll come back for you and Elle because I can't live my entire life without you and Elle, you both mean the world to me"

"Hunter, look at us..we're back and forth all the time and we can't keep a steady relationship, it's not meant to be"

"Don't say that! I know we're meant to be together. I love you so much"

"Just because we love each other doesn't mean it's meant to be" i look down at my feet.

"Not to rush but Hunter and I have a meeting" Brax says stepping into the kitchen.

I hear a sniffle coming from Hunter, I look up and he wipes his eyes once more before turning around and barging past Brax's shoulder.

Brax looks at me sorrowful "It's for the best, for you and Elle"

"Yeah, promise you'll continue to watch after him"

"He's my little brother there isn't nothing I wouldn't do for him but I promise" he nods with a small smile.

"Thanks, Braxton, for everything you do for us" I smile.

"We're family" he smirks before turning and leaving the kitchen.

After everything with losing my father I think I need time to myself, just me and my daughter. I'm strong being single, I don't need a man.

I only need my daughter.

_________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕