Chapter 46

^listen to this when I say^

"You okay?" Brax asks as he drives

I can't even look at him, he told me not to fuck it up and that's exactly what I did. I should've told her when I came back because now she wants nothing to do with me. I knew I didn't deserve the happiness.

"Hey" he pats my shoulder glancing between myself and the road "It's going to be fine, I hired the best" I don't deserve the best.

It won't be fine at all.

"You just going to ignore me?" He chuckles.

I'm not in the mood for him trying to fucking fix it like always, always trying to fix my shit! Always trying to fix every little thing with everyone.

He touches my shoulder again "Hunter.." I shrug him off before he gives me some speech about everything being fine, it's not fucking fine.

I've lost my girls..my company, my whole meaning of living now, I have no idea why I haven't lost Brax yet.

Brax doesn't try comforting me again, thank god. The meeting goes slow as fuck. They went on and on about Brax taking care of the company if the court case goes south. Pretty sure if I do the time I'll be back for Elle but I don't want to own the company, may aswell sign it back over to Brax.

On the way back to Brin's it's completely silent, Brax huffs now and then but I chose to ignore it and continue looking out the window.

When walking up the path my phone ring, Brax and I both stop walking while I pull my phone out my back pocket, "I'll be inside" he says.

I walk back down the path and sit on the curb, I accept the call to Lucas.

"Hey man" he says not so cheery like he normally would.

I clear my throat before speaking "Hey, what's up?" I try sounding grounded.

"When you coming?"

"Leave tomorrow afternoon" I'm actually surprised Lucas is friends with me, he's totally different from me.

"How do you think it'll go?"

"I dunno" I place my elbows on my knees and look towards the ground.

"Is Brin coming with Elle, I know they'll love it here"

"Uhm, no they aren't" I say nonchalant.

"Why?"

"No reason" I shrug knowing he can't see me.

"Hunter, is everything okay?"

"Grand" my voice betrays me by cracking.

"What's wrong, man?" I can feel myself getting overwhelmed.