Chapter 54

Brinley's POV

I pull at the pencil skirt and run my hands over it, flattening out the creases. I'm super nervous for this court case, when Brax told me about it, I couldn't not come. So here I am in Australia while Elle is with Tom, Brax said Hunter wasn't happy that I was helping but why wouldn't I if he's somewhat innocent.

"Hey" Brax says when he meets me at the bottom of the stairs outside city hall.

"Hi" I nervously smile.

He gives me a quick hug while Lucas appears.

"Hey guys, I'm feeling good about this" he brightly smiles.

I'm not

I have a bit in my stomach and I'm ready to throw up, again. I'm sick of this throwing up, I just want to have a glowful pregnancy.

We head inside and meet up with the lawyer. The lawyer talks to Brax insuring him we've got this, I hate to doubt it but nothing ever goes right for us.

Once we're seated at the front, Hunter walks through the door with cops holding his arms while his hands are handcuffed.

They push him down on the bench in front of us, "Is this fucking necessary?" He shakes his hands.

"Hunter!" Brax warns with a whisper loud enough for him to hear.

He turns his head to Brax to curse at him for sure but his eyes land on me and he scowls before turning away.

My stomach churns and I stand up holding Braxton's shoulder "I'll be back" I hold my hand over mouth.

I rush off to the woman's bathroom and hurl into the toilet. I can't wait until the throwing up part of this pregnancy is over.

I stand up and wipe my mouth with some tissue, I throw it into the toilet and flush. I wash my hands and the door swings open and I hear it lock, I glance up into the mirror looking behind me.

Oh fuck.

"So you're Hunter's new meat, you know he doesn't deserve anything new but a prison cell" I turn facing her wiping my hands on my skirt.

She steps forward with such hate on her face. I gulp watching her movements not saying a word.

"Do you know what he did to my sister?" She clenches her jaw.

I nod slowly, "I searched for over two years for him and he was in damn Australia living it up doing the same shit he did with my sister.." she grabs my jaw and I flinch leaning back over the sink. I'm staring into her eyes and it's terrifying, her eyes are so dark with hate. I have no idea what she'll do.

Her grip on my jaw gets tighter and I whimper, "I then found out he has a family. Did you know my sister was pregnant when your BOYFRIEND forced pills down her throat, you know what I want to do, to make him feel the pain he caused me and my whole family" she pushes my head back with such force it hits the mirror and I hear it crack, pins and needles shoot through my head, it hurts.

"When I found out he had a family, it gave me much pleasure to hurt him" she seethes.

I don't know what to say, I feel like throwing up again but I'm sure it's not from the baby. What if she hurts my baby..does she even know I'm pregnant, I hope to god she doesn't know.

"He deserves to be dead not Jennifer" she smacks my head back against the mirror again, I shut my eyes tightly closed holding myself together through the pain.

"No, not dead, he deserves to be tortured" she smiles at the idea. "And to torture him you hurt his family" her nails begin to dig into my jaw.

"Open your eyes!" She shouts and my eyes ping open. I don't want to do anything..say anything. What if she hurts me more, hurts my baby, I feel my eyes begin to well up thinking of her hurting my baby or Elle.

"Scared?" She laughs.

"Brin" Brax loudly says knocking on the door.

Jasmine tilts her head looking at me, I want to scream so fucking bad. Jasmine glances towards the door listening for him to walk away.

"BRAX!" I shout pushing her away with all the force I have.

"Brin!" Brax shouts and loud bangs begin to hit the door.

I dash across the bathroom floor heading for the door, once I reach the door I'm yanked back by my hair and I feel myself hit the floor, hard.

I grunt in pain reaching for my stomach, Jasmine grabs my hand and stands on my wrist with her boot.

"Brinley!" I hear, my head has gone wavy and heavy.

Braxton's POV

"I'll be back in a minute" I whisper to Hunter, he confusingly looks at me. I know he's wondering the same thing, which is where the fuck is Brin.

I head for the woman's restrooms and knock because it would be inappropriate for me to walk in.

"Brin!" I knock loud enough for her to hear.

No answer. Where else could she be? She said she wanted to be here for Hunter. Maybe it's the pregnancy, is she worried and maybe just left?

I begin walking away when "BRAX!" Brinley shouts, I jump at the sudden loudness. I try pushing the door open but it's locked.

What the fuck?

I begin smacking my shoulder against the door harder hoping to get through.

"Brinley!" I shout hoping she'd respond but she doesn't.

I step back and begin to smack my foot again the door, why won't it fucking budge.

"Sir!" A male shouts and pulls me back.

"My friend is in there and she just screamed out for me" I rush and shrug him off.

She screams so loud, myself and the police officer cocks our heads to the door. I slam my shoulder against the door again but nothing.

"Again!" The officer says and smacks his shoulder against the door at the same time as me.

It bursts open and I see something Hunter would loose his head over, I feel my heart drop at the sight.

_______________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕