Chapter 31

I've been tossing and turning all night, I've hardly slept and I feel like I can't sleep no more. I held Brin all night allowing her to grieve the death of her father.

I'm glad she slept in her own bed instead of her Arthur's for the first time in a week, because it's just one step to grieving and accepting a loved one is gone.

Once Brin fell asleep, Brax left and I managed to get Elle to sleep. She didn't hold a fuss one bit, I think it's because Brax was playing with her all day causing her to be tired.

It's Arthur's funeral today and Andie is coming home for Brin, I'm hoping her being around friends and people that love her will help.

It's been hours, Elle has already eaten breakfast and is now running riot in her nappy. Brin isn't awake yet and it's ten and the funeral is at twelve.

I pad upstairs and into our room, she's still sound of sleep with her arms above her head as she lays on her back. The duvet is now at her knees and my T-shirt has ridden up to her hips showing off her pink lace panties. I'd love to fuck her right now but now isn't the time.

Last night when we got out the shower she cried and cried making herself feel weak, I put her panties on along with my T-shirt. She crawls into bed with the little energy she had and cried against my chest until she fell sleep. It was horrible I just wanted to take her pain away but I couldn't, a parents death is the weakest pain.

"Baby.." I cup her cheek and rub my thumb back and forth along her cheekbone.

She slowly opens her eyes confused, probably unsure when she fell asleep.

"It's time to get up" I whisper forcing a smile.

"I don't want to go" she sits up holding my hand in place as she leans into my palm.

"You're going, you'll regret it if you don't" I don't know if I'm being harsh with my words but she needs to go.

Her button lip sticks out as she looks down "Okay" she nods.

While she's in the shower, I sit on the bed changing Elle before I change into my suit. I don't really want Elle coming but we have no one to watch after her, well no one I trust.

 I don't really want Elle coming but we have no one to watch after her, well no one I trust

A knock sounds the door, I open it to see Wyatt standing with a black suit on

"Hunter?" He confuses.

"Yeah, come in" I step to the side, Brin is sitting on the couch holding Elle close to her as Brax and Lucas stand behind the couch acting like damn body guards. Wyatt sits down beside Brin with a half smile.

"Wyatt?" Her lip trembles, I know she hasn't seen him in time.

"Yeah, I'm here" he nods.

She wraps her arms around his necks as he holds her tightly in his embrace.

"I missed you!" Her voice cracks.

"I missed you too, Brinley" his tone full of sadness.

The door opens and closes, we all turn to see Andie walking in, she sits down opposite Brin ignoring everyone else and wraps her arms around Brin and Wyatt.

Brin, myself, Tom, Andie and Wyatt all sit at the front benches at the church as Elle sits peacefully on my lap.

The priest goes on and on about some speech that god watching over us and the lord blah blah blah, I kind of zoned out and stared at Brin's sad face. She was just becoming happy again and now all that happiness is gone.

"Arthur's daughter, Brinley would like to say a few words" the priest says.

Brin pats my thigh a few times like she's gaining the courage to finally speak of her father, she stands up and slowly walks behind the podium.

She clears her throat before beginning her own speech "Arthur Brooks, my father was the best father in the whole entire world.." she looks down to her hands on the podium as her lip begins to tremble "he was also the best grandad to my daughter Elle. When I was younger he would read me books but it was never about princess or fairytales, it was always about trolls, monsters and zombies which I absolutely loved, as I got older it turns into movies and that was our thing. He would buy dvds for us to watch together while we ate popcorn and candy, and when we watched it he would add it to the collection even if we hated it.." she chuckles with a sniffle. "He tell me that he was the luckiest father out there to have a daughter like me but I knew i was the lucky one. He didn't deserve to leave us so soon, but I guess he was to good for the world we live in..." her hands shake as she takes a few deep breaths "I wish he could watch Elle grow up into a beautiful smart girl, I know she will. I wish he could be here for us.." tears falls and she looks my way.

I nod with a half smile telling her she's doing an amazing job. "My dad said to me, "Parents should never outlive there children" and from that I want to make him the proudest dad ever just like he made me proud..I love you, dad" she looks up.

She slowly walks down the steps and sits beside me, her hands are still shaking. I place my hand over hers and she interlocks them.

"I love you" I lean in and whisper.

She looks my way with sad eyes "I love you" she forces a smile.

We all went to Brin's house after the funeral, it was horrible. Everyone is in Brin's talking and eating while Brin sits on the couch with a sleeping Elle in her arms, she's hardly spoke to Andie or Wyatt..I thought they would help.

"Here" I lift Elle up off her lap "I'll take her to bed" I kiss Brin's forehead and she weakly smiles.

Once I put Elle down in her bed, I head downstairs back into the living room to be there for Brin, When I step through the archway Brin is crying hugging...Kai.

______________________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reade❤️

Love you all💕