~You Meet Again~

"Y/N!" Y/B/F/N (your best friend's name), your best friend yelled at you.

You were so distracted. It was only a party that you guys went to and you were so surprised to find your ex, Harry Styles there.

"What is wrong with you today? The whole time you have been so distracted!" she states annoyed.

"I have been just zoning out! It's nothing. You know I do that often." you respond.

"Honey, you can't trick me," Y/B/F/N goes on, "when you zone out, there's always a reason. Who are you staring at?"

You roll your eyes and secretly know that Y/B/F/N believed it. You were not impressed, you were named as the best actress of 2019 afterall. And the 'party' that you saw Harry at was none other than the Oscars after-party.

Harry was nominated for his role in the movie Dunkirk and you were nominated for your lead role for the movie Someone Great (I know that these movies were made 2 years apart but for the sake of this imagine let's pretend that they weren't).

For the next hour you were feeling great. You were having fun, laughing, dancing and drinking, but you saw him and that time was when most people noticed you were looking at eachother during the party.

"Do you still love him?" Y/B/F/N asked the second she saw you looking at him.

"What? Of course not..." you lied, cringing with her question.

You and Harry's breakup wasn't caused by something serious. He was in a really bad place and needed space, so you gave him. When the breakup happened, he promised that someday you would work it out together. That day hadn't come. He had been in many other relationships after yours, but you weren't mad. He still had that special place in your heart though, because he always brought a specific side of you out, a side that you weren't able to share with anyone else.

You were able to shake that off too. By the time that Y/B/F/N started talking to more to other people, you slowly walked away.

"Did I hurt you?" a familiar male voice whispered as you were walking. You look up, it was Harry.

"What?"

"Did I hurt you?" he asks again and you stay silent.

"I'm sor-" he tries to apologise about his past actions, and you, knowing that he didn't really need to, you cut him off.

"No Harry. You didn't hurt me." you speak in a shaky tone, "You asked me for space and I gave you, you promised that someday we would work out but that day still hasn't come."

"What if that day is today?" he looks straight into your eyes.

"You're saying bullsh-" you try to walk away from him.

He grabs your hand and pulls you back.

Silent, he drags you through a large crowd of people, constantly apologising to them for his rush. In that crowd, you also witness Y/B/F/N looking at you shocked.

"What are you doing?" you say and let go of his hand, the minute that he walks you out of the big crowd.

"What I've always wanted to do." he responds and looks behind him.

You finally realise that the place the he had lead you to was the bar of the building.

You both go and sit down on the small chairs.

"What can I bring you?" the bartender asks.

"A cocktail and a glass of red wine." Harry orders for himself and you too.

The bartender nods and turns around while tour ex-boyfriend smirks at you.

And just like that, you started having random conversations. Everything was just like 2016, the year that you got together.

You were surprised to find out that Harry hadn't changed. Nothing had changed. His talk, his laugh, his personality, his horrible humor, everything was the same.

And that side, that bubbly but still sarcastic side of you finally came out for the first time in years.

11:56 pm.

You were the last people to leave from the after party. Confused that time had went by so quickly you both got up, gathered your stuff and exited the building.

"Y/N," Harry spoke, "you haven't changed. At all."

"Neither have you Harold." you flashed a smile at him.

You exchanged goodbyes and you started walking to your car.

"Y/N! Wait!" he shouted. You stopped walking and turned around.

You waited for him to say something, but an action followed. The action of a soft kiss.

~~~

This imagine is based off a scenario that I've made in my head, and honestly, I think it could make a great book. Please vote and comment!

Thanks for reading!

x, d. ❤️