3

I texted Yoongi after I dropped off Tae. I wanted to get this project over with already. My phone buzzed indicating he had texted back.

1wordGENIUS: what do you want

I rolled my eyes at his dumb question.

me: what do you mean what do i want? what are good times to work on the project? i'm off of work on mondays, wednesdays, and saturdays.

1wordGENIUS: wednesdays and saturdays are good. we can meet at your place after school.

me: what's wrong with meeting at your place

1wordGENIUS: i don't need a crazy person knowing where i live

I threw my phone on my bed without replying back to his message. I couldn't deal with his annoyance right now.

It was another quiet day in my house. My parents were on their anniversary vacation. They didn't bother to tell me they had left. They just assumed I'd be okay with them leaving but communication wasn't a huge thing in our household. I couldn't get fully upset over their actions.

I laid across my bed with my hands covering my face, debating on whether I should order chinese food. A knock on my door knocked me out of my thoughts. I was going to wait to see how long they would stay at the door. I knew it was Tae. He tend to visit very often and I didn't mind. He knew I moved slow, but I was going to end up letting him in anyway. I always did.

LeoTaedo: open the damn door. i know you hear me wtf

Me: did i invite you over

LeoTaedo: your puppy knows i'm here, i can hear her whining at the door

Me: i forgot i had a puppy tbh. the house was so quiet when i walked in.

I groaned as I got up to open the door. More so to let out chica to use the bathroom because I genuinely forgot I had a puppy. She didn't even run to the door when I arrived home. How was I suppose to remember?

"You're an awful person. Who forgets they have a puppy?" Tae said, walking into the kitchen and looking into the fridge.

"In my defense, we adopted the puppy two weeks ago. It's still fresh to me." I answered, glancing at Tae. I raised up an eyebrow at him rummaging through my fridge. "I hope you're about to cook us something to eat."

"Of course. Why else would I be over here?" He smiled, innocently. "It's not like I have an art project due on friday and haven't started because I have no inspiration so I'm procrastinating."

I tapped a finger on the table, rolling my eyes at his words. "Yeah, it's definitely not that."

He sighed dramatically and pushed his curly hair back, exposing his forehead. "I can't figure out what to paint. I seriously need help and it's frustrating. How can I call myself an artist when I can't create?"

I frowned and got up from the table. I made my way to the fridge, bumping Tae out of the way. "Let's cook us something to eat after that I want to show you something."

"I came over here to vent. You know I don't like talking about my problems anyway and all you can think about is food." Tae sighed, but still started taking out kitchen utensils. "I want fried dumplings and kimchi fried rice."

"Don't want you be depressed on an empty stomach." I replied.

He mumbled, "at least you care."

I wanted to laugh at his pouting. But I knew he would get annoyed and think I didn't care about his problems. We've been friends since elementary school. He's the only one that stuck around even though I was labeled uncaring and mean by everyone else. I owe it to him since I haven't been a good friend to him. I was actually the worst person for him to be friends with. I had no idea why he stuck around, but I'm happy he did. I can't live without him. He grew on me more than I thought he would.