25

"I meant to give you this in class." I handed Marcella a wrapped slice of cake. "But I ended up getting distracted."

"For me?" She asked, blinking. "Me?"

I looked at her as if she had a screw loose. "Uh, yes. I just said that."

"Wow. Thank you. I wasn't sure that you even thought about me outside of school to bring me something. It looks good." She smiled, happily. "Is this lemon?"

I nodded my head, pulling out three extra slices. "Yes. I hope you like it. My mom and I tried our best." We were not the best cooks or bakers in the house.

"Yumm, cake." Kook exclaimed as he plopped down at the table. "Please tell me that a slice is for me."

"If Rena made that, be very weary." Tae said as he sat down after Kook. He eyed it but reached for a slice. "It doesn't look that bad."

"It looks good to me. I'll take a slice." Kookie shrugged.

I handed him his slice as I rolled my eyes at Tae. "That's for you anyway. I'm not going to say it's the best cake but it's pretty good." I had confidence in this cake.

"I was just warning everyone." Tae sighed, pushing his slice to the side and opened his lunch container. "Marcy, did you do the chemistry homework?"

"What chemistry homework?" Her head whipped in Tae's direction so fast, I thought it was going to fall off. "We didn't have any.. Did we?"

"Nevermind then." Tae shook his head.

"Tae!! Did we have homework or what? Don't make me panic for no reason." She cried as she grabbed her school bag. "Ah crap. I think we did, I better get it done."

"Get what done?" Taylor asked as she placed her lunch on the table. Jimin was a few steps behind her with a solemn expression on his face. "What's up everyone?" She smiled, sitting down.

"We just saw each other not too long ago." Jungkook replied. He glanced at Jimin and nodded is head. "Welcome back to the table. I missed your smile."

"Didn't you see Jimin not too long ago too?" Taylor stated.

"But he's Jimin." Jungkook simply replied with a shrug.

Jimin grinned as he sat down. "Don't be jealous, Taylor." His smile slightly dropped when he glanced in Tae's direction, then at me. His eyes wandered around the table and he sighed, "Um, I want to apologize to you, Jungkook. I said some mean things pertaining to our group and you guys didn't deserve it." He frowned.

Jungkook raised his finger up as he grabbed his water bottle to help him get his food down. This guy was stuffing his face today. He looked like a bunny with his cheeks so puffed. He swallowed his food down and said, "It's ok. I wasn't mad about it. We all go through things but I want you to know that I do appreciate having you around. Next time voice how you're feeling before it gets to that point."

My mouth dropped open as I stared at Jungkook. "Wow. So mature Jeon Jungkook." I applauded him. "I think I like you a little more today."

"Don't I feel special?" He sarcastically replied.

Tae bit into his cake and his eyes widened as he looked at me. "It's actually really good. I'm so proud of you." He gasped. "I'm coming over to get another slice after school."

"Feel free to get all the slices you want. For some reason the cake came out bigger then expected." I said. I slid the last slice in Taylor's direction. "You hear that? I did a good job." I boasted.