17

"Yoongi look what I did on the microsoft powerpoint part of our presentation." I shifted the laptop in his direction so the screen was facing him. "It's so damn awesome." I grinned, excitedly.

Currently, we were at my house working on our project. It's been quiet since both of us preferred to work in silence and hated to be interrupted, though Yoongi hated it more than I did. He gave me a death stare once when I asked him a random question about if he watched a certain tv show. I didn't say anything else to him after that.

His fingers stopped moving over his keyboard and glanced at my laptop screen. He was debating mentally, if it was worth his attention or not, since it was about the project he nodded his head for me to continue to show him.

"Okay so look. Instead of finding a random video to place in the powerpoint, I created one with tools from Microsoft powerpoint. Now watch this." I pressed play on the powerpoint. I watched Yoongi's face to see if he liked what I did.

His tongue rolled around his lips as his mouth opened, slightly. I noticed this happens when he was concentrating hard on something. When the little video ended, he looked at me with admiration in his eyes. "You did that in only a hour and a half?" He whistled, "That's fucking amazing, Rena."

I could feel my cheeks trying to blush up on me. Not today, Cheeks. Not today.

I pulled my laptop back towards me, and nodded my head. "I have one word for you, Yoongi."

"What is it?" He rolled his eyes, knowing what I was going to say.

"Genius." I popped my collar and fixed my fake shades. "Boom."

"Yup, it's time for me to go." Yoongi fake cringed.

A comfortable silence fell between us again. Until I realized that we were working a little longer today on our work because we're suppose to be going to the museum Saturday.

"Yoongi, the museum thing. We're going as friends, right?" I hope he didn't get offended by my question.

I didn't hear his fingers pause on his keyboard. He didn't seem upset or anything by my question. I was starting to feel embarrassed to think he would think of it anything else other than us just going as friends.

"Will that make you feel more comfortable?" He finally answered.

I quickly nodded my head. "It would. Not because of you or anything, it's just that, well, —."

"Rena, hey. look at me." He cut me off from finishing what I was going to say. I looked at him and he was already looking at me. He gave me one of his bright, gummy smiles. "I understand you a lot more than you think. Don't stress yourself by overthinking. You and I just made it to friends. I'm satisfied at the moment."

I swallowed hard, and managed to give him a small smile. "Okay. Thank you." This guy was way too nice. Or maybe, I need to stop thinking it's a limit to people's niceness.

I waved bye to him as he drove away from my house. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs as I closed the door. It was my father, he was yawning as he entered the kitchen. "I really wanted to go into the living room earlier to grab my chips I left down here earlier, but your friend, sent me an annoyed expression out of this world when I just walked by and asked you if you seen my slippers. I couldn't take that look twice. To be intimidated by a kid?" My dad shook his head.

I let out a laugh, he didn't understand how relatable he sounded. "I get it. He is definitely extra strict and discipline when it comes to his schoolwork."

"Well I know you two are going to ace that project." My dad stated, walking out the kitchen and towards the living room. "I'll get my chips now."