10

"Rena!"

"Jimin?" I asked him, confused on why he was approaching me before I could make it out my car.

He smiled bright at me and causally put an arm over my shoulder. "Good morning. I saw you pulling up and wanted to greet you properly."

Physical touch must be a way to show that he care. I let it slide this time.

"Um, Good morning." I answered.

"I want to thank you for inviting me to your table again. Taylor has really been warming up to me. I know she has a crush on Yoongi, but I'm confident enough to know I can make her mine." He rambled. It's funny on how he say that so confidently but still blushed at his own words.

"I totally ship Yoonmin though." I threw in to throw him off guard.

He stopped talking and pouted his lips in confusion. "Yoonmin?"

I laughed and shook my head. "It's nothing, it's nothing. I just want Taylor to be happy." Then that thought hit me hard. I did want Taylor to be happy and if her being my friend makes her happy, why would I push her away? I'm so stupid and complicated for no reason.

"You're a nice person." Jimin smiled. "A little weird, but nice."

I agreed 100%.

We went our separate ways when I got to my locker. I honestly thought Jimin would be perfect for Taylor.

And I owed her an apology. I knew Taylor, I knew she wasn't going to be upset with me. More so, disappointed that I couldn't relay my feelings in a better way that wouldn't hurt anyone. Her words once, not mine. She was your very wise modern teenage godmother.

The first 3 periods went by in a flash. Yoongi was unexpectedly quieter than usual today in class. I think he was actually sleep this time so I didn't bother him. Marcella didn't show up to school today either.

I was nervous when I approached our lunch table. Tae was there first and out of everyone, I wasn't ready to face him yet.

I sat down quietly and opened my lunch. The awkwardness was suffocating me and I was happy when Taylor and Jimin made it to the table.

Taylor looked at me, expectantly, as she sat down in front of me. Jimin gave me a little smile and turned his attention to Tae. Tae was in his own little world.

"Taylor, I want to apologize to you for not being able to convey my emotions and talk to you better without hurting your feelings." I quickly rambled out before anything could be said. "I'm really sorry that I hurt your feelings. I tripped out and I didn't know how to stop myself. Um, I want to be better. I want to be a better friend to everyone that cares about me. and I really am sorry."

Taylor seemed genuinely surprised by my apology. "Wow, Rena. I forgive you. Just next time, talk to us. We understand you a lot more than you think. That's why we're friends." She smiled, gently.

"Well, I don't."

Tae's voice caused me to freeze. I wasn't expecting him to say anything just yet but I should've know he would. Tae doesn't hold things back when he's feeling it.

"I don't understand you at all." Tae repeated. His eyes on me. "I've known you since we were in elementary school, babies actually, and Taylor gets an apology before me. You ignored me while you're sitting next to me. Am I the only one that actually cares about our friendship? Maybe you're right. Maybe you don't deserve someone like me in your life." Hurt was evident in his voice and on his face. I didn't say anything and he just shook his head and left the lunch table.

Kookie arrived right after Tae and stepped right into the awkward silence. "Whatever just happened, I can feel it. I'm glad I wasn't here for it."

Taylor shook her head and picked up her soda. "Tae is just hurt right now. He doesn't mean what he said."

"I'm actually scared to talk to Tae. He's scary when he's pissed off and upset. But I don't want to lose him either." I frowned, sadly. "I don't want him to hate me." I looked at Jimin and Taylor, alarmed and feeling afraid. "You don't think he hates me, do you?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No way. Not Tae. Tae's way too nice to hate someone."

"You always sound like you're his biggest fan." Jimin teased Jungkook. "But you probably need to talk to him. Communication is the key to fixing everything."

"Or ruining everything." I mumbled. "but thank you guys. I'll just talk to him."

Once I get rid of the guilt, I'll talk to him. Or If I talked to him, the guilt would go away.

I pulled out my cellphone and looked at all the messages I had missed from everyone. My mom kept my number the same. I was thankful for that. I didn't have to give out my number all over again.

"Yo, Rena. It's been a minute."

I was headed to the school's library when Namjoon stopped me. He smiled at me, displaying his dimples. "Good to see you're alive."

"Hi, Namjoon." I waved. "You headed to the library too?"

He shook his head. "Just leaving it. I'm going to my next class now. Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go out with jhope and I to the bowling alley on Saturday. It'll be fun."

Saturdays are the days that I'm suppose to work with Yoongi on the project. He didn't seem like a person that would let me ditch out on schoolwork for fun. But bowling with jhope and Namjoon sounded fun.

"Send me the details and I'll let you know." I didn't want to say no. Yoongi wouldn't make it a big deal out of me missing a day of working on our project together. He didn't seem that petty.

"Yes ma'am." He saluted, walking away.

I stepped in the library, feeling at peace instantly. Something about libraries were so calming.

I made my way to my usual spot, slowing down when I saw a familiar head, laying on the table. "Hiding?" I asked, sitting down and placing my things on the table.

His head nodded, and he looked up at me. "Didn't feel like being bothered by these girls in my next class. It's even worst now that I dyed my hair back it's original color." He sighed.

"Sucks being so handsome, huh?" I joked. "You know I heard a girl call you little meow meow."

His cheeks flushed pink and he let out an embarrassed sound. "Don't say that ever again."

"But it kind of fits you."

He leaned up all the way, placing his head in hand as he looked at me. "You called me handsome." He smirked.

"And you called me beautiful, indirectly." I shot back, referring to what he said to my mom.

His eyebrows raised up as he leaned closer on his hand. "Would you like for me to say it directly?"

I cursed myself for letting a blush rise to my face. "You don't have to." I stammered. "Shh. It's the library. We're not suppose to be talking."

He let out a laugh and put his head back down on the table. "Okay, Rena. Whatever you say."