39

Taehyung was avoiding me. I didn't like it. He didn't stop at my locker, he didn't drop by my house. He barely answered my messages. I hated it.

I was tapping my fingers on the countertop as I thought about ways to confront him. A finger poking my forehead pushed me out of my thoughts.
"Why are you frowning so hard?" Yoongi asked, as he glanced back down at the menu. "you don't want wrinkles, do you?"

"Taehyung has been avoiding me." I answered. "Two weeks he haven't really been saying anything to me. He haven't visited my place or the job. He haven't stopped at my locker. If it's because I'm dating you then I rather him talk to me and tell me. Instead of avoiding me. I would understand."

"You should know him better than that, Rena. It is more than likely deeper than something as petty as what you said." Yoongi looked up from the menu and at me.

He was right. I blew out a breath, not wanting to admit it. "What are you ordering? I don't get why you look at the menu. You always get straight black coffee." I shuddered. "Gross. Old people drink."

"I am an adult." He rolled his eyes.

"You're 17, almost 18."

He glared at me. "I don't limit myself. This is my reality and I'm an adult."

I picked up his menu and started to move away. "Your reality is actually a fantasy." I called out, sticking out my tongue. "Don't mix them together, kid."

I pulled out my cellphone as Yoongi's coffee brewed.

renabeldonie: i'm coming over after work, not taking no for an answer. k kim taehyung? k.

He was going to see me tonight whether he liked to or not. It didn't sit right with me that he's upset.

I looked up from my phone and coffee machine to see Yoongi staring at me, rather intensely. I waved my hand out, making him blink. "What are you thinking about? How beautiful I am?" I asked, jokingly.

"Actually, yes." He replied, leaning forward on the countertop. "You're very beautiful."

I slapped my cheeks before my face could snitch on the fact that his words made me flustered. "Well look at that your coffee is ready. Also, can you switch the sign around to close for me?" I said, turning around to pour his coffee.

"Okay." He said. I could hear the chair scrapping as he got up. "But don't think I didn't see you blushing. I could feel you blushing. You can't hide anything from me." He snickered.

"Ahhhh. I hate you, Min Yoongi." I rolled my eyes and placed his coffee down on the table. "But thank you for being with me while I close."

He nodded his head and picked up his coffee. "I'll always be with you." He smiled, cheekily, showing off his gummy smile.

"Will you really?" I said, absentmindedly as I counted down the cash register. "Because I'm holding you to that, ya know."

"Even if I'm not with you, physically." He paused. "I'll still be with you, mentally."

I stopped counting the money and looked up at him, raising any eyebrows. "What does that even mean? Mr. I want to be deep." I shook my head and went back to counting. "You're not going anywhere, Min Yoongi. You're stuck with me. You let yourself in this far, might as well get confidently lost."

I put the money where it needed to be and grabbed Yoongi's coffee cup to wash out. How he drunk it that fast, I had no idea.

After him being silent for a few minutes, he shook his head. "I did let myself in, huh." He stated.