Confusion

So let's go over what you know. Your name? Y/N L/N. Where are you right now? Walking down some mysterious, scary dark hallway. How are you feeling? Absolutely confused.

And with each step you took, your confusion began to grow. Geez, this was definitely not how you wanted to spend the rest of your day. You should have just left that door closed and continued to work on your homework, maybe even play some Minecraft afterwards.

As your mind started to wander, and you soon found yourself thinking about your parents. How had they reacted to your sudden disappearance? You had managed to maintain a strong bond with your Mother throughout your life, and whilst your father usually worked throughout the day, you still loved him just as much.

You whimpered, running your hands along the wall as you walked through the mysterious hallway. The further you walked, the more confused you grew. There seemed to be no ending.

You had managed to calm yourself down a bit, but you still felt a little freaked out with this whole situation. As you practically clung to the wall, most of your fear had been replaced with confusion. You continued to wander down the hallway when suddenly, your legs gave out. You were no longer standing upright. The floor that you once stood on had turned into nothing more than rushing wind.

Were you... flying? No, that wasn't possible. Then that could only mean one thing. You were falling. The realization hit you like a brick. You suppressed your urge to scream and hugged yourself tightly as cold air flew past your body. Now this was unexpected.

As the minutes flew by, you eventually hit the ground with a thud. Much to your surprise, it didn't hurt all that much. Actually, it kind of reminded you of a trick you'd use while playing Minecraft by using a water buck- 'This isn't the time to think about Minecraft.' You mentally scolded yourself. How that thought even managed to make it into this paragraph baffled you.

You wearily opened your eyes to find yourself in some sort of weird-looking hallway. A weird-looking hallway filled with other people, at that. A few adults, and two kids that looked to be near your age. Had these people been abducted too?

"Who the hell're you guys?! Where even is this?!" A punk lady shouted from the side of the room.

"Like we've got any idea ourselves! Calm down, lady!" A buff, red-haired guy shouted back.

A pink-haired woman with overalls trembled. "Is there no one here who can explain?!"

"Just what is going on...? How troubling..." A mature looking man in a red apron spoke.

Propping yourself up from off the ground, you looked around the neon blue stripey hallway in curiosity. Under different circumstances, you would have thought it looked really cool. But right now, that was definitely not the case.

In the middle of the hall, was a single discussion that seemed to center around a tall blond man. "Now hold on a second! We should confirm what each of us knows." He said, glancing around at each person that had somehow appeared in this strange place. The woman in overalls spoke up, "That's all well and good... But I don't even know where this is!" She pouted nervously. "I had quite a terrible experience earlier... So I can't remain calm... Mwahaha." An old man in a suit added. Everyone seemed to be pretty confused.

You frowned, bringing your arm up to rub the back of your neck when your hand hit something metal. Strange, you didn't remember anything being around your neck before. You ran your hands around your throat and determined it to be some sort of collar. Looking around the room, it seemed like everyone had a collar put onto them.

The punk lady began shouting even louder, "Graaah!! We've been abducted! By some crazy assholes!!" She cursed, a panicked look spread across her features. "Be quiet, meow!! Don't scream in my ear, woof!!" A boy with a cat hood shouted, glaring at the punk lady. A man with a green beanie and spotted scarf sighed, "H... Hey now... Fighting's no good."

All the tension in the air made your head hurt. Everyone seemed to be taking this in different ways. A frightened girl your age sat on the floor, quivering, while that other lady continued to shout at anything that breathed.

The tall blond man who seemed to be calmer than most people suggested that introductions should be made. Though you certainly didn't feel like talking, you did want to know more about what was going on. And so, introductions began.

Joe Tazuna and Sara Chidouin apparently knew each other before this whole fiasco, and were walking home together before getting kidnapped. Joe was pretty upbeat and friendly, while Sara looked a bit dead inside. She was still nice though.

Just like Joe and Sara, Nao Egokoro and Kazumi Mishima were already familiar with each other, with Nao being an old student of Professor Mishima's. The old man looked a bit creepy at first, but he was actually really nice. Same with Nao.

Kai Satou hadn't talked about himself that much during introductions, but he still seemed very interesting. An 'unremarkable homemaker.' He looked like he would make a good father.

The blond man from earlier was named Keiji Shinogi, 'a friendly neighborhood policeman' as he called himself. Your dad would complain a lot about how shitty the police force is, but this man seemed nice.

Reko Yabusame, the lady that wouldn't stop shouting from earlier (who had eventually calmed down), is a famous singer-songwriter. At first, she seemed a little brash, but you sort of felt drawn to her. She gave off major big sister vibes.

Q-Taro Burgerberg, a confident and easy-going baseball player, and Sou Hiyori, a job-hopper. Although Sou made you feel a bit uneasy, you still thought he was cool, and Q-Taro seemed really friendly.

One of the two people around your age was Gin Ibushi, a 6th grader who didn't feel very good about being called a kid. Just like you, he had been waiting at home for his mother to come back home. He seemed to have a big obsession with cats and dogs, which was an automatic 'cool' label in your book.

And lastly, Kanna Kizuchi, who ended up passing out while introducing herself. You couldn't pick up too much of her personality from her short introduction, but she seemed like a nice girl.

After introductions had concluded, Q-Taro showed everyone a small yellow box with three keyholes that he was told to carry from the First Trial. You pouted at the thought of how easy that must have been compared to your death trap, but you choose to keep your mouth shut.

The box and its unknown contents became a conversation topic before Sara, being the smart protagonist, figured out how to open it. Keiji took ahold of the box, "Alright, this might be dangerous, so leave it to the policeman." Turning all three keys that had been inserted, the yellow-haired man unlocked the case. "And it's open."

"What's inside?" Sara asked with a curious look on her face. "Ahh... You might not wanna look." Keiji said, averting his eyes away from the teenager. You tried to take a peek inside the box but failed. God, why couldn't your growth spurt come earlier?!

Though, your failed attempts didn't matter, as the contents of the box came falling out:

A head.

Panic filled the room before Sou came to his senses. "Wait... Isn't it just a doll?" He said, looking down at the faux head. Keiji crouched down to examine it, and sure enough, it was. Along with the head, another object had fallen out of the box. "Hm? A letter?" Keiji reached down to grab the small piece of paper.

Apparently it said something about finding the dolls missing limbs and bringing them together again.