High Alert

You examined the hallway in a disordered state as Professor Mishima quickly walked over to Nao, Sou, and Reko. Reko seemed to be a bit agitated and Nao looked like she was about to collapse. In the corner of the blue hallway, Kanna sat against the wall with a weary expression.

You and Gin softly walked up to the green-haired girl and crouched down in front of her. "Woof, bucket girl..?" Gin tilted his head in concern. "Kanna? Are you okay now..?" You curiously asked, taking a seat on the floor beside her. Kanna glanced down at the two of you and frowned. "U-Um... What's happening?" She quietly asked, hugging herself apprehensively. "Ermmm..." You furrowed your eyebrows, "I dunno honestly. I guess that's what we gotta figure out now!"

Gin hopped up, "I'll go ask, woof!" You and Kanna watched as the brown-haired boy rushed over to the group of adults and asked about the situation. You also watched as he went pale at Professor Mishima's response. Gin quickly ran back to you and Kanna with an anxious look. "Meow... B-Big sis Sara and the other guys are in trouble..." Gin stammered, cuddling his [Cat/Dog] plushie tightly.

"T-Trouble?!" Kanna quietly asked, hugging herself apprehensively. "What kind of trouble?!"

"Woof, nevermind that," Gin shook his head, motioning for the two of you to follow him back.

You and Kanna followed Gin as he carefully yet quickly ran across the hallway to where Sou, Mishima, Nao, and Reko were standing. Nao's eyes lit up in surprise to find the three of you looking up at them in curiosity. "O-Oh..! K-Kanna, you're awake!" Nao anxiously plastered on a fake smiled, "Y-You three should go s-sit... over there..." Professor Mishima shook his head, "No... they have a right to know exactly what's happening now. If we keep these kinds of things secret then who knows what could happen further along in the future."

"P-Professor M-Mishima..? What's going on..?" Kanna stuttered, stroking the pale blue bucket that rested atop of her head nervously. You nodded vigorously in agreement, "Mhm! Are miss Sara and the others okay!?"

"Aghh... Well, anything's possible right now. The two of us were looking around and we stepped into the blue room with the other guys. I stepped out for a second when all of a sudden everyone inside of the place got barricaded inside." Sou explained, "Right now, there's no way that we can break in. All we need to do is hope for the best." A look of worry crossed Kanna's face, "W-What?!" She sputtered. Kanna raced into the corridor that the game room occupied, and was quickly followed by Sou and Reko. Nao shot Professor Mishima a troubled look as she leaned against the wall to recollect herself. You frowned, glancing back and forth between Nao, Professor Mishima, and the blue corridor. There was just something so off-putting about seeing adults like this.

Reko and Sou eventually managed to convince Kanna to settle back into the main hall, where you and Gin had sat down and somehow persuaded Nao to let the two of you lean against her as a source of comfort in this despairful time. You, Gin, Kanna, and Nao rested on the floor while Reko, Sou, and Mishima either stood up or leaned against the wall. After maybe 20 minutes or so, Q-Taro and Keiji stepped out into the hall and were shortly followed in by Joe and Kai, leaving Sara to be the only person left to return. Kanna quickly sat up and hurried right back into the Game Room's corridor to look for Sara. Professor Mishima prepared to follow her once again with a troubled look outlining his aged appearance. "Hey!" Reko shouted at him, "Shout when you find her!"

Nao carefully stood up, removing you and Gin's clingy selves off of her. She looked down, softly petting the top of Gin's head and rubbing yours, "I'm relieved that everyone made it out... well, besides Sara... but! I'm not saying she didn't make it out! No, no! She's a strong girl, she probably handled that with ease! We just haven't seen her walk out yet! Yes! That's it! ...Erm, don't listen to what I'm saying you two..." Not really processing what she had said, you let out a muffled, 'Mhm.' sound in acknowledgment as she gently rubbed the top of your head.