2F Landing

While being united sure was great, unfortunately for you, your nice little moment with everyone didn't last very long due to the unending feeling of fear that being trapped in a death game caused.

"Now then, should we go search for Nao all together?" Keiji calmly asked the group.

"Y-Yeah, that's it! Let's split up and search!" Reko tensely agreed. Sou placed the palm of his hand onto his forehead, "Sorry... I'm still not feeling great. Is it okay if I rest...?" He asked no one in particular. Reko sulkily nodded, "Aw, hell... Gin, Y/N, Kanna, you guys rest here too then."

"...O-Okay..." Kanna softly replied. You frowned in disappointment. You had already regained most of your energy earlier and you really wanted to help out now!

"Guess we'll hold down the fort here, Gin...?" Sou jokingly asked. "I... I don't wanna, meow...!" The cat-hooded boy frowned, pushing away Sou and running up to Sara. "Big sis Sara... I want you to take me, woof..."

You quickly followed your friend over to the confused teenage girl, "Can I come too? I wanna help out!" You pleaded along with Gin. A look of hesitation came over Sara's face, unsure of whether or not to take the two of you. After a few seconds of quick thinking, Sara thankfully allowed you and Gin to search with the rest of the group.

"Got it. We'll look for Nao together," She smiled, crouching down to match your height.

"...Thanks...meow," Gin nervously spoke.

You grinned, "Mhm!!! Thank you Sara!"

Once everything had been settled, Keiji motioned for the three of you to leave the bar. You sauntered next to Gin and behind Sara, glancing around to tell if anything had changed. You followed Keiji, Sara, and the others up the cerulean staircase and onto the second-floor landing. It was similar to the first floor's design, only each door was placed directly next to each other. A long hallway that you weren't able to see the end of stood near the back of the room, concealed with iron bars. Joe stood in the middle of the landing, calling out for Nao.

"Naoooo! Where'd you go?" Joe shouted rather loudly.

Reko patted him on the back, "Hey, now that's a shout! Keep searchin' like that!"

Joe smiled at Reko's approval, "NaaaaoooOOOOOOOOO!!!!" He shouted louder.

"Graaah!! Not in my ear, dumbass!! Shout AWAY from me!!" Reko groaned. Joe rolled his eyes, "Super sorry..."

You softly giggled at the exchange. Joe's such a silly person, but too bad you won't see that silly personality for long.

Looking away from Reko and Joe, you walked into the first room labeled 'SP.' The place resembled a spa or a bathhouse type place, and was full of warm fog. A cool-toned mural of Mt. Fuji was painted near the back and a statue of a pink penguin leaned against the wall, spewing warm water out of its beak. "ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᵖᵉⁿᵍᵘⁱⁿ," You heard something noiselessly whisper from the back of the spa, but quickly shook it off.

"...Looks like it's a spa," Keiji stated the obvious. "Our enemies offer some pretty good amenities." Sara nodded in agreement, "That's true. If there's hot water. we could get enough moisture to live for days."

While Keiji and Sara talked about... stuff, you and Gin wandered around the empty room in curiosity. The two of you walked down the steps of the empty bath and noticed something shiny at the bottom of it.

"Gin, come!" You called out, "There's something here."

Gin stepped away from the pink penguin statue that he was previously admiring and bent down, "Woof, what's this?" He asked, picking the strange object up by its chain. "I don't know... maybe we should give it to Sara or something," You suggested.

The two of you walked over to where Sara and Keiji were and handed Sara the strange object. The orange-haired girl picked it up and examined it, immediately coming to the conclusion that it was a bath stopper because she's not stupid.

After having no luck in finding the missing woman, your group moved over to the other spa-like room on the other side of the hallway, which looked exactly like the other one had, but full of water and different colored. Surprise, Suprise, no Nao there either.

The next door resembled a mirror, and was labeled 'MIR.' Keiji pushed open the door and stepped inside, holding it open for you, Gin, and Sara. You glanced around the room with a look of utter confusion. Two identical puddles of water sat opposite from each side of the room other, and the place also housed a pair of flower vases, paintings, and uneven scales. The objects that the two halves of the room held were nearly the same, but different at the same time.

"...Two symmetrical rooms, huh..." Keiji noted, "Seems like your kind of puzzle, Sara."

"Might be... another scary trap, meow..." Gin frowned.

"Yeah... this place looks suspicious," You pointed out. Keiji nodded, "Better be careful."

Once everyone had fully entered the room, Sara walked over to one of the scales and pulled out the bath stopper. She placed it onto the side of the scale so that it could match up with the other one. A curious expression crossed Sara's face as she began messing with the various items in the room. You and Gin just kind of stood there while Keiji and Sara messed with stuff in the room, unable to really help anything. While waiting, you glanced around the room in awe. If this whole thing wasn't some sort of dangerous, life-threatening thing, it would have made a sick video game setting.

❖ ❖ ❖

You gripped one of the iron bars that kept you from exploring deeper into the corridor and tried your best to look through the darkness for anything, but failed. You huffed out a sigh, stepping away from the blocked corridor and following everyone back to the first landing. In the game room, Kai and Q-Taro stood next to some kind of weird hole in the floor.

Kai rubbed his chin in thought, "She didn't fall down this large hole, surely?"

"Come to think, where's this hole even go to?" Q-Taro asked, looking down into the deep dark depths of the hole.

"...I would like to believe she's safe," said Kai.

You lifted your hand over the hole to feel a cool breeze extruding from it, but were hastily pulled back by Q-Taro. "Careful there, we don't wanna lose another one," He reminded you. You awkwardly giggled, "Hah...okay..."

After thanking the buff red-haired man, you noticed that Keiji and Sara were talking about something in the blue room. Though, instead of following them, you kind of wanted to check out the red room. From what Sara described it as earlier, it sounded pretty cool!

You walked into the red room and beamed. The red room gave off premium spooky vibes, but other than that, there wasn't much too it. After appreciating the detail of the beautiful spooky room, you went back into the game room to wait for Keiji and Sara with Gin.