Reassurance

As Sara and Sou left the bar, You, Gin, and Mishima continued to search for any clues about this strange place. You ran your hands across the wooden wall in case something might be hidden there. Like... a secret door or something! You've never seen one in real life for obvious reasons, so you were kind of eager to find something like that. The three of you kept on looking for anything suspicious until the whole room had been pretty much searched clean (excluding the cupboard that Sara and Sou discovered.)

You were definitely curious about what else this weird place had to offer, but you didn't want to wander off anywhere by yourself. And so, you played with a few loose strands of your hair out of boredom while you aimlessly looked around the bar. Professor Mishima was busy examining bottles of alcohol, and Gin was practically doing the same things that you were; blankly staring out into space.

You glanced over at the boy with an inquisitive look, wondering how he had managed to stay so collected and put together during this situation. If embarrassment wasn't an emotion, then you'd probably be bawling your eyes out right about now, just like Kanna had been a while ago. Had Kanna woken up yet? You really wanted to talk to her along with Gin, but the probability of her wanting to open up after what happened to her sister was highly unlikely to happen.

Aghh... you could still hear the sound of Kanna's raw pain-filled screams ringing in your ears even minutes after they had happened. You've never seen or heard anything so real and terrifying in your 12 years of life compared to Kanna realizing her sister's fate.

As you stared at a random area of the bar, deep in thought, you failed to notice the strange yet curious glance that Professor Mishima was giving you. The grey-haired man slowly and carefully approached you, gently setting a hand onto your shoulder just as Nao had done earlier before. You jumped at the sudden contact but calmed down not long after. "That bottle must have really piqued your interest Y/N, or perhaps you have something on your mind? If you feel comfortable with it, you're always welcome to talk to me about anything that's bothering you." The teacher kindly expressed, revealing to you a poor attempt at a friendly smile that greatly clashed with his mad-scientist like appearance.

You gave him a confused look but briefly shook it off upon realizing that you were gazing up at the shelf full of alcoholic drinks, staring up at him for a solid minute, causing him to awkwardly stare back. "Y/N..?" He warily asked. "Oh! Uh, sorry... Um..." You stammered, "I'm just kinda confused... just, agh..." You stuttered out in an attempt to explain your feelings. Mishima looked down at you patiently, "It's alright, no need to rush," The high school professor said. "Here, I have an idea."

Professor Mishima called Gin over to where you two were standing and set a hand on his shoulder along with yours. The old man glanced between the two of you with a confident smile, "This whole unnerving situation happened so suddenly, and you two must have a lot on your mind being children and all. Would you like to take a minute to talk about it?"

While Gin seemed to hesitate a bit with his answer, you frantically nodded your head. "Mwahaha, well, if the two of you need help with anything while we're here, come find me. I will gladly attempt to assist you with your problems and inner struggles one way or another." Mishima comfortingly spoke, "How do the two of you feel as of now?"

You glanced over at Gin, who appeared to have a mixed expression on his face. Turning your attention back over to the Professor, you continued to give him a blank stare.

The grey-haired teacher nodded calmly, "Silence... Well, we can work with that." He chuckled. "Now, you, Gin Ibushi and Y/N L/N, are fairly young, and I cannot imagine how scared- or rather, terrified the two of you must feel at this moment in time. After all, getting abducted should be the least of your worries at this age..."

"Woof, I don't think this is making us feel any better, old guy..." Gin spoke up.

"Just listen for a moment, Gin." Professor Mishima shook his head, "Now, the three of us have not known each other for long, but I can tell that you two are very reliable individuals, and I believe that by communicating and working together with the other people trapped here, we will surely find some way out."

"I still feel kind of scared about this..." You frowned, staring up at him. The old man clicked his tongue and smiled, "Don't worry. Like I said before, whatever the situation turns out to be, we'll still have each other. If anything slightly dangerous attempts to harm you I will try my very best to protect you and each person in this group."

"M-Meow... er, thanks old guy." Gin awkwardly thanked Professor Mishima. "Yeah, thank you." You followed, giving him a small smile. Professor Mishima nodded, "Why, of course. It is my job to guide you after all."

Not long after that, the sound of a door opening could be heard, and Sara and Sou quickly stepped inside the bar once again.

Sou gripped his scarf and let out a shaky breath, "Here we go again." You and Gin watched the scrawny man as he pulled away at the drawer, while Professor Mishima and Sara held a conversation over an old cigarette that Sara had found.

The green-haired man tiredly exhaled, stepping away from the drawer and wiping his sweat away. "Hah... Hah... hey, you kids. Take this as a lesson from me. Don't hesitate to take care of your body. You'll regret it later." You and Gin shared a look as Sou attempted to open the drawer once again. Just as soon as they had arrived, Sara and Sou left the room to continue exploring.

You started to doze off when suddenly you heard shouting in the hallway, and Professor Mishima ushered you and Gin out of the bar.