Exploration

As people began partnering up to search, you found yourself walking over to Nao, Reko, and a fainted Kanna on the other side of the room. "Poor girl..." Nao softly spoke as she gazed at Kanna's small unconscious figure. You sat down next to the pink-haired woman and frowned, "U-Um, is she gonna be okay..?" You nervously asked, playing with the ends of your sleeves anxiously. She nodded, "Yes... she'll be alright... she just needs to rest for a while."

"Goddamn... what can of sick joke is this?" Reko muttered, looking down in thought. You sat quietly as the three of you stared at Kanna's sleeping form. Although it wasn't your fault, you still felt really bad about Kanna's experience. You've never had a sister (or any sibling for that matter), but you did know that losing someone close to you so suddenly can be horrifying. As you started to get lost in thought, the footsteps of Sara Chidouin and Sou Hiyori could be heard behind you. Reko redirected her attention from the petite middle schooler to the two people, "Sara, come runnin' if you're in danger, alright? Feel free to leave the heavy lifting to the guys... Then again, the scrawny beanie kid doesn't look so tough himself... you better run too," said Reko. Sara nodded, while Sou awkwardly averted his eyes away from the woman, "W...What a cutting remark...Ahaha."

"E-Ehm... Best of luck everyone..!" Nao spoke up in attempted enthusiasm. Before you could even think about saying anything, Sara and Sou quickly left the hallway just as quickly as they had come.

Nao and Reko continued to watch Kanna rest, which bored you out a bit. Of course you cared about the green-haired girl, but you had your own interests to attend to. You quietly sat up to leave before you felt a soft hand touch your shoulder. Nao looked down at you with worry-filled eyes, "Please be careful Y/N, I don't want any of you young ones getting hurt..." She thoughtfully spoke, twirling a strand of her lush pink hair around her finger nervously. You stared up at her, eventually giving her an uneasy-but-convincing smile, "Alright! I'll try to stay safe. You don't have to worry about me." Nao breathed out a sigh, withdrawing her hand and sitting back down to watch over Kanna.

You waved goodbye to the two women and carefully examined the hallway once again. Different doors lined the corridor, but most of them lead to dead-end passages. Huffing in annoyance, you chose to enter the first doorway.

Upon entering the hall, a green vending machine caught your eye. You didn't feel very thirsty at the moment, and you wouldn't have had the chance to buy anything either way. Your parents are really strict about money, and things like allowances are pretty much non-existent for you. Your mother works a lot of... questionable jobs, while your father spends his days at an old office building down the street, though you were pretty thankful that your mom was still able to provide the needed amount of care for you. Next to the vending machine, stood another entryway labeled 'Bar.' You slowly took a step into the unfamiliar room and looked around in curiosity. The room was designed to look like... well, a bar. Purple glass bottles of alcoholic beverages lined the shelves that sat against the wall, filling the room with a strange smelt that you weren't quite used to. Professor Mishima and Gin stood next to each other, carefully examining each detail of the unknown place while Sara and Sou also searched around. You turned your attention to a chalkboard that had been hung up on the left side of the room. A bunch of names had been written on it;

[Can Drink] Alice, Kai, Kazumi, Keiji, Shunsuke, Sou, Naomichi, Mai, Megumi, Reko, Q-Taro.

[Can't Drink] Anzu, Kanna, Y/N, Gin, Kugie, Sara, Joe, Nao, Hinako, Ranmaru.

You stared up at the chalkboard in confusion before realizing the information that had been inscribed upon it. The names of everyone, (and some strangers) were printed and ordered from under to over the legal drinking age. You furrowed your brows in even more confusion. Half of those names were unfamiliar to you, so does that mean...urgh. You looked down at your feet as you started to feel a bit more creeped out.

"Bars are just full of alcohol, meow," Gin frowned, "I hate alcohol, woof! And I hate my drunkard dad more, meow!" Sou glanced down at the boy with an inquisitive glint in his eyes, "Your dad has a bad drinking habit?" He asked, gripping his scarf. "He's an annoyance, woof!" Gin answered promptly. You still didn't feel very comfortable with speaking up around everyone yet, so you just shot Gin an empathetic look. "When you drink, you gotta be sure not to get swallowed up yourself," Sou shook his head. "I'm drinking age, too... I ought to be careful."

A few minutes passed and you've still found nothing. Your eyes scanned each shelf but to your avail, nothing stood out to you. Sara stepped up to the front of the counter and crouched down. You walked over to the other side of the bar and watched as she motioned for Sou's attention. A well-hidden sliding door sat on the side of the counter. The two of them attempted to pull it open but it was no use; the sliding door was jammed shut.

Not long after that, Sara and Sou left the bar to explore the rest of the place.