𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲

For the next few minutes, you stared at the blank monitor, dumbfounded. You had honestly forgotten about the whole 'game' aspect of this place after what had happened to Professor Mishima, and you felt sick to your stomach. Still, you obviously had no choice in the matter. Either go out there and participate, or die.

You shakily walked out of the Last supper room and looked around the Main Game grounds. In front of you, stood strange hourglass-looking desks that stood to the middle of your lower abdomen. Though some attempted to hide it, about everyone had looked just as anxious as you were.

"...Here we are," Keiji spoke up.

Q-Taro grimaced, "...! You guys... That was fast..."

Everyone stood silent. An obvious tension was in the air after that terrible introduction, and it seemed like most people just didn't know how to handle it.

"...Hmph," Gonbee scoffed, "All of you, so pale..."

The shared silence continued to ensue. "...Why... is this happening..." Sou quietly whispered, but the quietness that lingered around the room allowed for mostly everyone to hear him.

Sue Miley happily walked into the room, an excited grin crossed her seemingly-porcelain skin as she glanced around at each participant's hopeless face, "Eheehee... Ah, so you'll take part after all?" She asked.

An enrage look appeared on Q-Taro's face, "Miley...!! You...!!"

Miley ignored him, continuing to speak, "Ahaha... Please take a good look at those desks, everyone. A rather interesting setup, isn't it?" She questioned, turning around to gaze at the circle of desks. "Ehee, They are reverse hourglasses. Most curious indeed."

"When these hourglasses have all reached the top. the discussion will end. You have seventy minutes until the preliminary vote. After that, you can discuss for twenty minutes before the final vote," The Laughing Doll explained, "Well then, shall the discussion begin?"

"H-old up!!" Reko suddenly interrupted her, "Kanna... Kanna ain't here!!"

You took a quick look around at everyone, but the green-haired girl was nowhere in sight. Oh no, oh no, oh no. If Kanna doesn't come out soon, and ten minutes pass, she'd be killed!

"Oh dear..." Sue Miley's smile fell, "So some would choose not to take part in something so enjoyable."

"H-Hold on!! Kanna... will definitely come!!" Sara shouted at the brown-haired woman.

"Time is limited. That is what she chose, and that is the end of the matter." The fudge-themed doll's grin returned, "Miss Sara... you haven't made the wrong choice, have you?"

Sara stared at Miley, puzzled.

"Well then, let us start the Main Game!" Miley continued, "Everyone, stand at whichever desk you like!"

Everyone anxiously chose a desk to stand at.

"Now then, you seem to be prepared!" Giggled Miley, "Let the Main Game begin!--"

"...Please...Wait..." A quiet voice spoke up from the side of the room. Kanna quickly stepped over to where everyone else stood, "...U-Um... I'm also..."

"Kanna!!" Sara shouted, along with other sighs of relief that went around the room at the arrival of the quiet girl.

Miley's smile widened, "You are welcomed, Kanna Kizuchi. Regrets... can wait until after taking part. Eheehee... Now! Let this wonderful, wonderful Main Game begin!"

❖ ❖ ❖

"There's just one thing I want to say upfront. I'm nervous... but well, you see... I'm the Keymaster. I was unsure whether I should keep quiet... but I want us all to avoid dying, so..."