Velvet Blood.

𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃
━━━━━━━━

During the tragedy on the Phoenix bridge, Namjoon struggled greatly to make his way through the massive group of rebels. And to be quite frank, this wasn't anything close to a rescue mission anymore.

It was war.

While the other guards fought for their lives, Arnold skillfully leaped over any obstacles, slamming his heavy hooves through the slippery mud and bravely carried Namjoon through the battle. They aimed for a swift rescue mission on the weakened bridge. The only thing that mattered at the moment, was getting Taehyung out of there.

There was no way the bridge would be able to support three equines and their riders, so the plan would be an incredibly quick halt before dismounting Arnold, then attempting to drag Taehyung off his horse. Whether or not the rest would collapse with the bridge, didn't matter. At the very bare minimum, he would have saved a life which was surely greater than none.

Arnold's feet soon slipped and abruptly slid forward the moment he reached the Phoenix bridge. The issue, however, was that the halt was done too soon. Pulling back on the reins, Namjoon gritted his teeth in anger and kicked his feet in the horse's stomach, so that it would move. "Move- MOVE!"

The equine raised his head and whined, eyes nearly popping out as he pinned his ears back and pawed the ground. A ripped scream blended in with the animal's voice. Quickly shifting his gaze towards the bridge, Namjoon's eyes nearly pop out the moment he sees it empty.

Taehyung was gone.

He was. Gone.

Unlike anything he had ever felt before, his face grew pale beneath his helmet and his heart shattered into pieces. His breath, stuck inside his throat, pushed waves of spiking anxiety through his entire being.

But that was not it. Something was wrong-

CRACK!

Instantly, the rope snapped, freeing the bridge from the weak mountain grip. Each and every wooden plank, one by one, falling down into the white, misty abyss of below. And along with the Phoenix bridge, all those that disrupt its quiet natural peace, are bound to fall with it.

Tiara couldn't outrun the fall. By the time the bridge had deceased, it had caught a hold of her along with her equine companion.

Then there was nothing.

No scream. No bridge. No Tiara. No Taehyung. No way of crossing over.

Nothing. They were stranded.

A high pitch began to deafen Namjoon's ears as he blankly stared at the empty cliff edge, weakly gripping the reins of his horse.

And on the other side, Jimin's mouth was left slightly agape, holding onto his arm with his other hand as his gaze remained anchored on the empty mist below. The world spun, twisted, turned and moved below his feet as his brain couldn't even begin to process what just happened.

But you did.

A breathless, sharp gasp ripped from your throat and your perfectly manicured hands graspped your neck. Your legs wavered, your breaths turned shallow, your eyes stung; you were breaking down. Jimin, baffled by your reaction, instantly hurried over to you and pulled you into his arms, where you finally poured out your entire soul. A terrifying screech scratched the inside of your throat, while you cried weakly, curling into a pathetic little quivering ball on the ground.

You shook your head frantically, as you cried into the grass floor. "No- No! Not him, god, not him! Don't, don't!" You cried out with EVERY fibre of your being. Your voice was thick and syrupy, choked by your tongue that felt thick and heavy in your mouth from guilt. Your hair clung to your wet, tear stained face as you sniffled desperately.