Chapter Twelve

~Cleopatras POV~

I groaned, and pushed myself to my feet. The blanket that had been wrapped around my legs pooled on the floor, and I threw them over the back of the sofa. "Night Dad," I murmured, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "See you in the morning."

"Good night sweetheart." He glanced up from his tablet to smile warmly at me, before returning to the article he was halfway through reading. He gave me a wave as I left the room, and mumbled, "remember to set your alarm for school tomorrow."

I nodded, tugging his borrowed sweatshirt tighter around my arms, and carried my tired body upstairs. I was returning to school tomorrow, and I was too used to the lazy week off from work I'd just had.

Jamie left their bedroom as I walked past it, and ruffled his large hand through my hair. "Night kiddo."

I pushed his hand away with a smile, and poked his arm. "Night Jamie."

I went to the bathroom quickly, and tugged one hand through my hair as I brushed my teeth. A spot was starting to form on my cheek, and I could tell it would be huge tomorrow. I groaned, and spat the toothpaste into the sink, before rinsing some mouthwash around my mouth.

I crossed the hall and opened my door, fumbling with the light switch as I kicked it shut behind me. I closed my eyes and yawned, stretching as the light flickered on, illuminating my room.

When I opened my eyes I almost screamed.

A tall, dark figure was stood in the corner of my room, dressed in a dark, plain undershirt and loose trousers. Odd armour plates were covering their back, and their hair was knotted into a bun.

They spun around at hearing my gasp, and I felt my body sink with relief as I realised who it was.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I spluttered out.

Tyr opened his mouth, then ran a hand over the top of his head, smoothing it down. He offered me a sheepish smile. "I just wanted to see you."

I began to relax, slowly feeling my pounding heart slow down to a much more comfortable speed. I could feel my cheeks flush slightly at his words. "Couldn't you have waited until tomorrow?"

He opened his mouth as if to speak, but paused to mull over his words. He ended up shrugging, his voice dropping to just above a whisper. "I missed you."

I shook my head with a faint smile, feeling... loved. I brushed the thought away and walked over to him. His arms enveloped me as I pressed my face into his chest, and my eyes fluttered shut again.

"You look weird." I whispered.

I felt his chuckle as his hand stroked down my back, "it's what they wear on Asgard."

I pulled back slightly, frowning as I studied his face. His expression didn't hint at anything, and I could feel my curiosity growing. "Have you not gone home yet? You've been gone a week."

His cheeks tinted a pink as he offered me an embarrassed smile. "No?"

I couldn't stop the grin that spread across my face at just seeing him here. In front of me. In person.

But then the thoughts that had been plaguing me for the last week resurfaced. I stepped back from him, feeling guilt slam into my stomach at his now confused expression.

I wanted to ask him again. I wanted to ask him what the prophecy was; the one about him becoming the ruler of Asgard one day. I wanted to ask what Maya had meant when she'd asked Loki if I was the person he would take to Asgard. His life was so much more complicated than my own and I was struggling to keep up.