Chapter Thirteen

~Cleopatra's POV~

"Thats what I was saying! It's not my fault she couldn't take a hint."

I scoffed, "Tyr it was blindingly obvious she was flirting with you."

He rolled his eyes, and nudged his arm against my shoulder, "are you jealous?"

I looked up at him, slowing my pace as I saw his curls blocking out the sun, causing an orange haze to settle around him like a halo. "Yes." His cheeks grew pink almost instantly, and I couldn't stop my smile growing as I patted his shoulder, "we've established I like you, oh forgetful God."

He faked a scowl, and brushed my hand away, "Yeah well, you're embarrassing me."

"There's no one around who saw it, don't worry." I laughed, and continued walking down the road, slightly disheartened I was almost home.

It had been Tyrs suggestion that he walked me home tonight. Our confession at lunch left me worrying that I had ruined our relationship, but he had greeted me at the school gates with a beaming smile, and kept me laughing all the way home.

We were back to normal. Scratch that, we were better than normal.

He reached out and grabbed my hand at the end of my street, pulling me to a standstill behind the hedge that would shield us from view should Jamie decide he would spy on us. I looked up at Tyr, frowning when his eyebrows furrowed together. "What's wrong?"

His eyes shot up, "What do you mean?"

"You look confused... or worried. I can't read you, are you okay?" I lifted my hand up to softly graze his cheek, relaxing us both as his eyes fluttered shut. His own hand reached up to hold our joined fingers against his face, and my own cheeks burned as his lips brushed across my palm.

"I just have a lot on my mind... I need to talk to my Mum about something when I get home." He murmured. His hand dropped to rest on my waist, and I instinctively stepped closer to wrap my arms around him.

"You can talk to me you know?" I whispered. "I'm here."

My bun was beginning to fall apart, and I felt his hand stroking the fallen strands on my back. "I know." He stepped back slowly, hands falling to rest by my elbow. "Come on, we're nearly at your door."

"You don't have to walk me to my door Tyr." I shook my head, "honestly you've already walked me-"

"Come on." He whined, tugging my hand again, before letting go and marching by himself down my street.

I laughed, and chased after him, only catching up when he stopped, a horrified look frozen on his face.

I peeked around his shoulder to see the small patch of grass in my front garden blasted to a scorched heap. My mouth dropped open. "What the fuck-?"

Tyr spun to me, hand resting on my shoulder. He pulled my gaze away, and I blinked at him as he began rambling. "Go on a date with me."

"What?"

"Please. Just one date, if you hate it we call it quits."

I stepped slowly back, "call it quits? I thought..."

I trailed off, feeling slightly hurt from the dismissive way he spoke about our possible date. His eyes widened, and he darted forward. "Not like that! I really want to date you Cleo, but I just need you to agree to one date in particular. I promise I'll explain." His eyes kept flicking worriedly to my door, his posture stiff as he finally looked back down to me. "Please."

"Of course I'll go on a date with you." I whispered, "But please speak to me, you're worrying me."

"Shit." He squeezed his eyes shut, and stared back at the door. "Can you invite me in?"