Chapter Twenty One

~Tyrs POV~

"About two hours?"

"That's gross." Cleopatra mumbled through the phone, "but I hope you're all okay."

"We're all fine." I glanced at Dad and Freya as they sat on the seats across the aisle on the train. Freya was animatedly tapping at her phone, eyes fixed on the screen as Dad read a book.

"Okay, well I got the gingerbread you bought for your Mum from the Christmas market that you forgot to take back." I heard her rustling around the room she was in, "I'll drop them off now, as it's quiet at yours."

"Or you could wait till I'm back?" I suggested, "then you could see me."

"You just want sexy times," she laughed, "and it's not my time for sexy time."

"I don't just want that, I want to see you."

"Yeah yeah," I could hear her mocking tone as the line dipped into silence. "I promised my Dad and Jamie I would have dinner with them tonight."

"You're coming round tomorrow?" I questioned, "It's our one week."

"You're the only guy I know who wants to celebrate a one week anniversary." She mumbled, "but yes, I'm going to yours."

"Good." I could see the train approaching a tunnel, and I sighed, "I'll ring you when I'm off the train."

"I love you." She sang down the phone, and instantly my frown was replaced by an embarrassingly wide smile.

"I love you too."

Dad glanced at me across the aisle, his eyes questioning my declaration but he didn't say anything, just nodded and turned back to his book.

***

Freya sat on the bench outside of the train station, her phone fixed to her ear as she chatted to someone. Her eyes sparkled as she smiled, and I had the feeling she was keeping something secret.

Or someone.

Dad left the station, and came to stand by me. "We're early." He muttered. "For once the train wasn't delayed."

"That's alright." I yawned, "we can just wait."

We sat down a short distance from Freya as she shuffled away from us. I made sure she wasn't listening in, before turning to my side. "Did you mean what you said?"

Dad frowned, looking confused by my vague question. But I had the confidence now, and needed an answer. "What?"

"You said, the day after the party when Nathan dressed up as you and Cleo looked after me, you said... you asked me if she was worth a sacrifice."

Dad looked at me, eyebrows raised but he stayed silent, his eyes studying me with careful observation.

"You said I could follow her and not the prophecy." I clarified. "I don't know if you meant it."

"I asked you if she was worthy of your sacrifice. I also told you to tell her you love her."

"I have told her." I grumbled. "I just took my time."

"There's good in that." Dad mused, as he slid one of his legs over the other. "So is she?"

"Worthy of my sacrifice?"

"Yes."

I chewed my lip, my heart pounding way too hard than should be natural or healthy. "I don't want to follow the prophecy any more."

Dad blinked, but nodded. "Okay."

"Are you mad?" I asked quietly, worried about the answer. Now was not the time to ask if I could rule Jotunheim, but I needed him to know that Asgard wasn't an option for me anymore.