Chapter Eighteen

~Tyrs POV~

I stroked Cleopatras hair, and leant down to kiss the top of her head for what felt like the hundredth time. After she arrived abruptly to my room the night before and kissed me, it had been hard to think of anything else.

We'd eaten at the dinner beside one another, our hands tangling together under the table whenever we were finished with the cutlery. We danced for hours, watching everyone in the room dissolve into an alcohol induced haze as I held her close, her fingers grazing my skin as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

We slipped away as people began leaving, waving to Mum and Freya who had taken a break from dancing to sit and talk in a corner.

We had almost run to my room, in a world of our own as the heat grew around us.

I locked the door behind us as we fell inside, our clothes abandoned on the floor as we stumbled to the bed.

I was grateful for the silencing spell I'd learnt a couple of years ago, securely blocking all sound from leaving the room. If I hadn't then too many people would have discovered me and Cleo in a very compromising position.

Luckily Maria had given the maids a morning off to catch up on their own sleep, before Uncle Thor's coronation today.

Cleopatra stirred in my arms, and rolled over to wrap her arms around me. Her cold nose pressed against my bare chest, her eyes fluttering as she slowly woke up.

I trailed my hand through her knotted hair, curling a strand around my fingers as she tilted her face away to yawn into the crook of her arm. "Good morning," I whispered, leaning down to catch her lips as she smiled blearily up at me.

"Good morning." She mumbled, as she pulled the blankets higher over her body. "Last night was real..." she trailed off.

I stiffened, trying to decipher the look on her face. "Yeah."

She frowned when she looked at me, "Why do you look like that? Do you regret it?" She shuffled away, "Tyr?"

"What? No! No, I don't regret anything! Do you?" I hurriedly replied, already feeling hurt at the prospect that her feelings weren't the same in the light of day.

A smile flickered across her face as she edged closer, her leg sliding over mine under the covers. "I don't regret a thing."

She leant down to kiss me, the blankets hooked around her shoulders as my hands caught her hips. "Do we have time?" She whispered.

"Are you not sore?" I mumbled between kisses. "I mean, I'm not human."

Her lips trailed to my neck, and I groaned as she lifted her face up, and I lost contact. "I don't think I feel sore."

"And you want this?" I checked.

She laughed, and slid under the covers. "Do you?"

***

"Congratulations Thor. I'm glad to call you my King."

I shuffled uncomfortably beside Uncle Thor, waiting for the last person to bless him with their congratulations. I loved my uncle, I really did, but my feet were aching from being stood up all day, and my leg was beginning to cramp.

I found Cleopatra sat with Mum through the windows, the flowers threaded through her hair looking as beautiful as she was, her body hidden by a shimmering pale blue dress a maid had dressed her in this morning. She was laughing at something Mum had said, her eyes sparkling as she rocked her head back.

"Tyr?" My head shot to the side where Dad was frowning down at me. "Just stay focused for a few more minutes. This is the last village. If you're going to shadow Thor then you need to learn to keep concentrated."