Chapter Twenty

~Cleopatra's POV~

"Hi!" I swung the door shut behind me, and stepped into the inviting warmth of the large house.

"Tyrs getting ready." Dahlia called from the sofa she was sat on. "Forgive me for not getting up."

I smiled politely, and took a seat on the chair near her, "It's fine. How close are you now?"

"Oh they're arriving this month." Her hand rubbed the bump slowly, "and then there'll be no more."

I stayed quiet, not really sure how to pass comment on this particular subject. I understood that Dahlia already had a lot of children, and I'm sure she wouldn't want too many toddlers running around the place.

"Have you got anything nice planned for this evening?"

I smiled again, "Yeah! There's a Christmas market along the pier, and an ice rink a little way into town. I figured Tyr would like that."

"Because he's a frost giant?" Dahlia winked at me, "I know he's a lot happier in himself now. He hated being different for a long time. He hid who he was - when he was young he couldn't control changing, but when he learnt what Loki had done..." she trailed off, sighing as she glanced over her shoulder.

She pursed her lips as she thought for a moment. "You make him comfortable and happy, and I have no words to express how grateful I am that you came into his life. Thank you."

A lump rose in my throat, and hot tears pricked at my eyes as I nodded. I couldn't speak - if I did I would cry.

Tyr bobbed down the stairs seconds later, wrapped in a lined jacket with thick boots and a hat covering his curling head of hair. "How long have you been waiting?"

I blinked the feeling of tears away as I stood up, "only a minute, are you ready?"

"Yeah." His grin lit up his face as he slid his arm around my waist. "We'll be back later Mum."

"Okay." She mumbled. "Oh! Can you fetch me some... Oh what is it Tyr?"

"There are two boxes of gingerbread in the kitchen Mum. I'll get another box on the way home."

"You're a lifesaver!" She wobbled to stand up as we reached the door, and I was about to check she was okay when a shimmer of green enveloped her body and Loki was soon stood shielding her from harm.

"Thank you for having me!" I yelled quickly, remembering my manners as Tyr closed the door.

He jerked back, and pulled a face. "In my ear? Was that necessary?"

I pouted, "sorry."

"Not forgiven," he lifted his nose in the air and marched down the drive.

I giggled as I ran to catch up with him, and grabbed his arm as we reached the pavement. He attempted to shrug his arm away, but I playfully hung onto his shoulder and spun him around. "I love you." I whispered.

He froze, his eyes melting as he peered down at me. I realised a bit too late what I'd said, but when I went to take a step back, a smile blossomed across his face, stretching his lips and dimpling his cheeks as he held onto my arms. "God I'm in love with you too."

I stumbled back as he leant down, his arms winding around my waist as he plucked me from the ground and spun me in a wide circle. I shrieked at the sudden movement, but his guffawing laughter made me relax as he gently placed me down on my toes. "Did you meant it?"

I stroked the hair from his cheekbones, tucking the strands back under his hat. "Yeah I did." I whispered, "of course I did."

"Thank goodness." He mumbled, his lips covering my cheeks and nose in icy kisses. "Thank you."