Chapter Fourteen

~Third Persons POV~

Dahlia marched through the house as quickly as her large pregnant belly would allow, and stood over Thor as he sunk into the sofa. His reproachful look showed some guilt to his actions, and his cheeks slowly tinted pink. She glared at him, with one hand on her stomach and a finger pointed directly at him. "I am going to check on our guests and then you are going to give me a full account of what just happened. Do you understand?"

Thor blinked, "Yes Dahlia."

She sighed, and walked back through the kitchen to the sliding doors that allowed her to step outside. Her gaze flickered between the young couple cradling each other on the other side of the pool, and Jamie, who looked like he was about to be sick. Knowing Tyr would take care of Cleopatra for a few moments longer, Dahlia approached the girls step-father. "Jamie, is it?"

Her actions were soft and gentle, and Jamie nodded as she walked slowly towards him. "Yes."

"Why don't we go and sit down? I'll get you a glass of water, I know the trips of on the Bifrost are enough to make anybody feel nauseas."

"Bifrost?" He stuttered, whirling around in a large circle, before stopping to stare at the scorched burn marks in the grass. "I travelled in the... on the..." his finger pointed shakily towards the sky, and Dahlia nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"I'm afraid so. Just sit down here," she lowered his large body into one of the stoic wooden chairs under the canopy by the door, and rubbed her hand on his shoulder, "I'll be just a moment."

She filled two large glasses with water, and walked back outside. "I'm just going to check on the others. But... what happened?"

Jamie blinked, and shook his head. "Thor said something about Cleopatra and Tyr... and then Cleo had a panic attack, Tyr was screaming at Thor and that little shit... excuse my language," he waved his hand, "was taking photos  of them all."

"Is Cleopatra okay?" Dahlia was quick to ask, glancing back at the girl who's breaths were steadying back to normal. Tyrs hands were stroking her back, his lips close to her ear as she nodded softly.

"She'll be okay. They're rare but she gets them every now and then. I'd check on that boy of yours though, he sounded pretty angry about something. Turned blue and all."

Jamie sipped his drink, and gestured for Dahlia to leave him. He knew she was taking charge of this situation, but his worries were aimed at the teenagers. If he felt able to stand he would of have checked on them himself, but the effects of the Bifrost were leaving him with a swirling, clenching stomach and he felt like he could be sick at any moment.

Dahlia wandered to the couple, and lowered herself onto the ground. Tyr and Cleopatra slowly looked up, and moved away from the tight hold they had on one another.

Dahlia sighed. "Who wants to go first?" She handed the glass to Cleopatra, who sipped it gratefully, her own stomach not exactly reacting well to the newfound journey on the Bifrost.

Tyrs face darkened. "Uncle Thor was going to force me into taking Cleo to his coronation. So I told her outside, and then she had a panic attack, and then Uncle Thor was saying it's not his fault and I tried explaining that I don't want to take a date I don't even want to go to the stupid coronation anymore!"

Dahlia watched as her sons cheeks froze; turning an icy blue as a warm breeze floated around them. Thick lines rose on his cheek, the giant veins in his DNA rising to become more prominent.

She watched as he continued offloading, his feelings overwhelming him, and watched as the girl next to him slowly shuffled to sit in front of him. Her small hands rubbed one of his larger ones, and slowly her sons attention dropped to that of his friends.