Chapter Fifteen

~Cleopatra's POV~

"It fits you so well Cleopatra, I can just change the length of the straps for you if it's a little baggy in the back." Dahlia pinched the straps as we stood in front of the mirror in the walk in wardrobe attached to her room.

My hair was pulled into a bun so she could work without trapping any stray strands. A shimmering dark blue dress covered my body, with intricate jewels stitched into the fabric.

Tyr and I had been talking for a while, and we ended up spending almost all of our time together. We were close, but still dancing along the line of actually committing to a relationship with one another. We were stuck on the edge, both too awkward to act upon our feelings for one another.

When he double checked I would want to go to his uncles coronation as his date last week, I jumped at the chance. Maybe I could grow the courage and finally kiss him, as we struggled to find privacy in our current lives.

"All done." Dahlia stepped back, and gently untied my hair to let it drop down my back. "I'll have it properly finished by the weekend."

I stepped down from the stool I was balancing on, and slid the heels off. "Thank you Dahlia, the dress really is beautiful."

"It's not a problem, sweetheart." She patted my shoulder. "Thank you for saying yes to going to Asgard. Tyrs made up."

I grinned, "that's good, I'm glad he's looking forward to it." My smile dropped a little, "I know he was worried about it for a long time."

"I know." Dahlia rested her hand on her bump. "Odin isn't very nice, he put a huge amount of pressure and trouble on his sons. Loki only began getting better when we got away and had the twins, but Thor... he has a lot weighing on his shoulders."

I chewed my lip, "well if there's anything I could do to help let me know. I can always look after Maya and Brooke if you want a night out."

"Or a good nights sleep," Dahlia laughed. "I'll leave you to get changed, just put the dress on the hanger and I'll fix it up for you."

"Thank you." She smiled as she left the room, and I turned back to the mirror as the door shut.

I looked incredible, and knowing I would be wearing this in front of Tyr made my heart pound. I knew he had to wear some kind of armour, and from the glimpse I'd seen him wearing when he visited my room on his most return from Asgard, I knew he would look amazing too.

I slipped the dress off, and hung it on the hanger beside the mirror, noticing a small bruise on my hip. I prodded at the delicate mark for a moment, before shimmying my jeans back on. It was beginning to grow cooler outside, and even though we lived in the south of England, there was no denying we were well and truly in autumn, with winter soon approaching.

I had a thin long sleeve top on, and tied my hair in a bun at the base of my neck before slipping out of Dahlia's room and wandering down the stairs to where Tyr was waiting for our day out to begin.

Freya pushed the door open as I reached the bottom step, and Maya charged past her side, and almost hit me. She staggered back, and looked up. "Cleo! What are you doing here?"

I had a soft spot for Maya after I began coming home with Tyr after school. Most days I'd leave to go back home for dinner, but nearly every time Maya would happily chat to me before I left.

"I had my dress fitting with your mum for the coronation next week." I smiled, resting my hand on her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around my waist in a hug.

"I bet you look really pretty. Wouldn't she look pretty Tyr?" She looked back, as Tyr grinned at me cheekily.

"I'm sure she will look beautiful."