Chapter Fifty-Eight

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

AYA

I saw the vehicle landing from the window and decided to go out and see what was going on. When I got downstairs, I saw Nova and a few of her gang exit the vehicle. I recognized her from the photos Rayne had showed me. She had also explained what happened the last time the two of them talked.

"Oh great, now what do you want?" I asked rudely.

"Don't be so happy to see us," Nova joked. "We've come to help you." She paused. "And you are?"

"Aya," I said.

I saw someone get out from behind them and my eyes lit up. It was my dad. What was he doing here? It didn't matter. I ran up and hugged him almost knocking him over. Lake and Rayne followed out behind him.

"Hey, kiddo," he said with a big smile.

"Now who are these jokers?" Camden asked as she approached us.

Lamb chop opened his mouth to reveal a mouth full of golden teeth. "Your worst nightmare."

"We'll see about that!" Camden said extending her hand toward Rayne.

Rayne had warned us she had some of the same powers as her. That made it that much more difficult to fight against her. The force emitted by Camden's hand threw Rayne against a rock. I was so stunned, I didn't even know what to do now. Rayne was lying by the rock -- her head was bleeding badly and her face was pale. I crouched onto my knees as I tried to shake her awake.

"Rayne, come on, wake up!" I yelled.

Lake had come to my side and was also trying to revive her.

Rayne's eyes slowly fluttered open. Both Lake and I had helped her to stand up. She was still a bit wobbly and we held onto her until she was able to walk on her own. After letting go, I turned to look at her. Her green eyes almost turned red along with the rest of her face and blood was dripping down the center of her forehead.

Camden turned her wrath toward Nova and Lambchop, throwing them to the side.

"NO!" Rayne screamed and sent a force so hard it sent Camden and several of the other soldiers flying back at the vehicle.

Some of the soldiers were able to sneak up through the sides. I was growing more nervous and clutched onto the dream catcher around my neck, rubbing it gently, hoping I would receive some guidance. 

I saw Taylor approaching us. How was that even possible? She was supposed to be in prison. I took a few steps back. We already had the Wyres to deal with. How were we supposed to deal with Taylor and her antics?

"Relax, I come in peace," she said pulling out one of her many knives. "I was wrong. I made a horrible mistake. You guys weren't the enemy."

I didn't trust Taylor for a second. "Prove it," Rayne rolled her eyes.

One of the soldiers had grabbed onto me. I scuffled back, but Taylor had pulled him off of me and was wrestling him to the ground.

Lampchop and Kaz were attacking the other soldiers. I wrapped a cloth around Rayne's head to try and stop the bleeding. I wasn't paying attention the other fighters, I thought Lamb Chop, Sydney, and Kaz were holding their own. It was a stupid mistake. Camden and Pryn were getting closer, and I hadn't even noticed. Nova was standing there trying to get a punch in. Camden and Pryn took advantage of that and Camden raised her hand, but by the time I noticed, it was too late.

By the time I got there, Nova had been tossed like Rayne. I looked up from her lifeless bodies and searched for Rayne amongst the crowd of fighters, but it all looked like a blur of bodies making different motions. Finally, I spotted her.

"Rayne!" I called out with my arms waving.

She slightly turned her head in my direction and mouthed the word, "What?"

I didn't mean to, but instinctively I pointed toward where Nova was lying. From the distance, I could tell her eyes were reddening again. She sprinted back past me, immediately going over to Nova. I watched as she caressed her face. Tears started to fall from Rayne's eyes as she stood up.

"I knew something like this was going to happen!" Rayne shouted. The veins in her neck and face were popping a bright blue. "I am so sick of this!" She yelled even louder.